Big O Fired From 560 Wqam

circumstances

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Miami beat writers are the worst in any market I imagine.

Total pessimists that always bet against the home team. No genuine insight into the teams.

Hopefully Chris Perkins is next
Who are you talking about?

Big O had a talk radio show. Wasn't a beat writer.

Adam Strange

Question Authority
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I liked Hank- although he could be a jerk at times, but yes Mandich was great. Jon Sciambi I also liked particularly in the beginning before he got a little full of him self.
Sciambi was a great talk show host, but I understand that he had greater ambitions. Hank was also great, as was Mandich. Even the fill-in guys were good on ‘QAM in the 90s. Aside from Crowder, the current sports talk landscape is as entertaining as the current Miami Dolphins.

finmann

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I liked Hank- although he could be a jerk at times, but yes Mandich was great. Jon Sciambi I also liked particularly in the beginning before he got a little full of him self.
Talk about going way back to the good days, forgot about those guys.

finomenal

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Sciambi was a great talk show host, but I understand that he had greater ambitions. Hank was also great, as was Mandich. Even the fill-in guys were good on ‘QAM in the 90s. Aside from Crowder, the current sports talk landscape is as entertaining as the current Miami Dolphins.
LeBatard severely disappointed me. I followed his career for a long time. I'd always read his articles in the Herald. The show slowly went downhill after going national. Allowing Mike Ryan to be his executive producer was a bad choice. Lebatard enabled him to be even more sophomoric and now it sounds like a silly frat show. The show was much better when Hochman was the producer, which is why Hochman & Crowder is my favorite local sports talk show by far.

Dolphinitis

Active Roster
Reaction score
he ignored the obvious talking points:
1 how we are still in the playoff hunt:munch:

2 how our great but not quite superstar QB, the Tanner,is the only one that can save us come hell or highwater.

3 lacked the required awe when discussing the intellectual capabilities of our Guru Genius coach.:dead:

circumstances

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
he ignored the obvious talking points:
1 how we are still in the playoff hunt:munch:

2 how our great but not quite superstar QB, the Tanner,is the only one that can save us come hell or highwater.

3 lacked the required awe when discussing the intellectual capabilities of our Guru Genius coach.:dead:
You are going to miss that clown!

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Reaction score
Likely had to do with some personal bullshit, or something that exposed the station to liability.

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I would hate listen to Big O’s podcast. I think he had some beef with Omar lately. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. That would be precious, lol.

Top Bottom