Big O Fired From 560 Wqam | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O Fired From 560 Wqam

Wow man we are impressed. We had a good laugh from the gut on this one. You might be a more sarcastic bastard than we are. Rarely have the time to explore boards like this but was really curious to see what the consensus here was on Big O - and found this gem. Mind if we quote it in our next podcast?

I wouldn't give him that much credit. Unfortunately this place is rife with assclowns.

only if you include stats other than the Jet games. many ass clowns here would want to do that.

Big O may be a nice guy and an enthusiastic fan, but he’s way too reactionary and not measured in any way. He’s like a shock jock for sports.

Having listened to both Big O and Adam Gase for years, Gase is the far brighter person. Big O is so emotional that it gets in the way of reason.

If the Dolphins let Gase go, what magic wand is Big O going to wave? Gase is not perfect, he had to have OJT, but there are pluses. This team literally has no position group that is above average. The secondary could be but the weak links like McTyer wreck the thing since depth is part of it. It’s hard to be that incompetent at team building the way the NFL is set up. Big O would put that on Gase, when the reality is there are scouts and a GM who procure talent. Gase may have input, sure, but he’s limited by the options in front of him.

The Dolphins have failed at understanding roster construction. The only original draft picks on a second contract are Tannehill, Jones, and Bobby McCain. The next draft class that’s up has Parker and Phillips is already gone. You can’t sustain anything with that type of whack a mole roster construction.

I like Grier as a football nerd. He may be able to judge talent but he seems to lack the big picture ability to make decisions. And he’s scattered with his logic, and unfortunately the results are not good. He picked Harris, a two star recruit with limited physical upside but supposed motor and feel. Then he takes Gesicki, a guy with abstract physical gifts but unproductive and a poor feel. McMillan may be the dumbest player we’ve drafted in years. He’s physically ok but probably the biggest liability out there among starters because he’s so easily duped and clearly doesn’t do extra work in the film room like any inside backer should do. We know he doesn’t do it by how wrong he is mentally play after play.

Gase is at the mercy of all this. He’s not driving from Columbus to Happy Valley talking to assistant coaches and others figuring out whether Gesicki can take contact or get off the jam or get open. He hasn’t decided that being a workout warrior can be vastly overrated. He’s not the one checking to see if McMillan stays late looking at film, etc. You think he is the one who built the profile of Harris and decided that his college sacks were against mediocrities and he got stuffed by good competition? Hell no. That data is accumulated elsewhere.

Blaming Gase because he has average to below average position groups across the board is a stretch. He’s not perfect, but he’s got upside and he’s developing.

Being 5-5 with this cluster **** of a roster is a plus, not a minus.

We liked big O because he wasn’t afraid to lay out his honest opinion about coaching, management, and players who weren’t living up to their roles. We agreed with many, but not all, of his opinions. But we also agree with everyone’s criticism, if you didn’t agree with him you were instantly and loudly branded a “moron.”while listening I always asked myself, how can you maintain an audience if you alienate so many on an every show basis? And the talking over guests was both disrespectful and maddening.

He knew how to behave himself and let the guest speak if it's a big athlete on the other line. Lol what a joke.

Big O may be a nice guy and an enthusiastic fan, but he’s way too reactionary and not measured in any way. He’s like a shock jock for sports.

Having listened to both Big O and Adam Gase for years, Gase is the far brighter person. Big O is so emotional that it gets in the way of reason.

If the Dolphins let Gase go, what magic wand is Big O going to wave? Gase is not perfect, he had to have OJT, but there are pluses. This team literally has no position group that is above average. The secondary could be but the weak links like McTyer wreck the thing since depth is part of it. It’s hard to be that incompetent at team building the way the NFL is set up. Big O would put that on Gase, when the reality is there are scouts and a GM who procure talent. Gase may have input, sure, but he’s limited by the options in front of him.

The Dolphins have failed at understanding roster construction. The only original draft picks on a second contract are Tannehill, Jones, and Bobby McCain. The next draft class that’s up has Parker and Phillips is already gone. You can’t sustain anything with that type of whack a mole roster construction.

I like Grier as a football nerd. He may be able to judge talent but he seems to lack the big picture ability to make decisions. And he’s scattered with his logic, and unfortunately the results are not good. He picked Harris, a two star recruit with limited physical upside but supposed motor and feel. Then he takes Gesicki, a guy with abstract physical gifts but unproductive and a poor feel. McMillan may be the dumbest player we’ve drafted in years. He’s physically ok but probably the biggest liability out there among starters because he’s so easily duped and clearly doesn’t do extra work in the film room like any inside backer should do. We know he doesn’t do it by how wrong he is mentally play after play.

Gase is at the mercy of all this. He’s not driving from Columbus to Happy Valley talking to assistant coaches and others figuring out whether Gesicki can take contact or get off the jam or get open. He hasn’t decided that being a workout warrior can be vastly overrated. He’s not the one checking to see if McMillan stays late looking at film, etc. You think he is the one who built the profile of Harris and decided that his college sacks were against mediocrities and he got stuffed by good competition? Hell no. That data is accumulated elsewhere.

Blaming Gase because he has average to below average position groups across the board is a stretch. He’s not perfect, but he’s got upside and he’s developing.

Being 5-5 with this cluster **** of a roster is a plus, not a minus.

:cheers:

Exactly. We need to understand that we live in the best most rational Dolphin world.

Big picture: Gase is genius guru offensive coach.

Emotional and irrational picture: we cant buy a TD despite being guided by the genius offensive mind.

Part and parcel of this rational necessity is that Tanny will be here forever.

Miami beat writers are the worst in any market I imagine.

Total pessimists that always bet against the home team. No genuine insight into the teams.

Hopefully Chris Perkins is next

If the bet against the team they’d actually end up winning money considering the team itself is not good.

If the bet against the team they’d actually end up winning money considering the team itself is not good.
Betting against the Dolphins is actually indicative of someone who knows the sport. They won’t lose every game, but since 2003, you can count on them losing a hell of a lot of them.

I miss Rick Weaver and Hank Goldberg doing the phins games on WIOD.
Joe Zagacki was pretty good too.

WQAM just got a lot better

I miss Rick Weaver and Hank Goldberg doing the phins games on WIOD.
Joe Zagacki was pretty good too.

Zagacki is the Canes play by play voice.

Non-Dolphins-related - I also miss Sonny Hirsch.

Sucks. I liked O's show and would listen to his show a couple times a week along with the other shows. He wasn't the most pleasant and often blasted callers that he didn't agree with excessively but his show provides balance.

Joe is a homer, Crowder and Hoch laugh more than discuss sports and O does his show yelling and singing rock

Betting against the Dolphins is actually indicative of someone who knows the sport. They won’t lose every game, but since 2003, you can count on them losing a hell of a lot of them.

There was a stretch of years earlier this decade that if you bet the Dolphins every game for a few seasons you made money. I don't remember the years but someone in my law school was showing me the lines and the results. I want to say it was 2011-2013.

Back
Top Bottom