Big O Fired From 560 Wqam | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O Fired From 560 Wqam

There was a stretch of years earlier this decade that if you bet the Dolphins every game for a few seasons you made money. I don't remember the years but someone in my law school was showing me the lines and the results. I want to say it was 2011-2013.

Exactly correct. That's the most positive 3-year stretch in recent years. Dolphins were a combined 5 games above .500 over those seasons.

However, by far the most profitable 3-season batch was 11 games above .500 from 2000-2002. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't share in the animosity toward Wannstedt and find it somewhat amusing. His teams overachieved in one situational spot after another, whether positive or negative. It was well known in Las Vegas. I did great on those teams. During my 24 years in Las Vegas the only time I was really looking for bet with the Dolphins, as opposed to against them or balanced, were the Wannstedt years.

After '83 and '84 the Marino teams were consistently overrated. The only two winning spread seasons after '84 were '94 and '98.

Betting against the Dolphins is actually indicative of someone who knows the sport. They won’t lose every game, but since 2003, you can count on them losing a hell of a lot of them.

I almost always pick against them in my work’s pick ‘em league. I don’t usually fail.

Chowder being critical of Gase is calling for Drake to be given the ball more, 'granted hes being used in the passing game...etc...etc... thats what passes for criticism from Chowder, Rose, that annoying Hochman, LeBatard etc. Nobody actually questions how do we manage 200 total yards against the Jets.

thats why we are in the state we are in.

Leroy Hoard is pretty good on the radio. Actually knows a lot about football and can add something interesting to a conversation on the air.

Prior to becoming the Canes play by play he was often on the phins pregame broadcasts in the late 80s and early 90s
I know. I just mentioned what he's up to now.

I lived in Weston from 1988 to 1991 and there was Dolphin stuff going on at the clubhouse all the time with Rick Weaver, Zagacki, Marino and other players and radio folks from that time period.

He's a fan of the team and usually knows what he's talking about.

He's been critical this year of both.

He can be critical and still be a huge fan of them. While critical he always maintained that he is still on the "Gasehill/Tannegase" train.
Only on FH you are declared a hater when criticizing someone. :bobdole:

6-10 Rick and Suds
10-2 Neil Rogers
2-4 Phil Hendrie
4-7 Mandich and DeFo

GOAT Lineup, never to be repeated again. Big O is a radio legend tho.
Neil God!

DeFo seems like a nice guy, but I'd have preferred just Mandich. Or with Captain Curtis when he rarely, if ever, spoke.

6-10 Rick and Suds
10-2 Neil Rogers
2-4 Phil Hendrie
4-7 Mandich and DeFo

GOAT Lineup, never to be repeated again. Big O is a radio legend tho.
Phil Hendrie on WIOD, 1994-1996, is not only one of the best radio shows ever; it’s one of the greatest comedic performances in history, and it was largely improvised. That man is a comic genius and the South Florida audience was the perfect accomplice.

Phil Hendrie on WIOD, 1994-1996, is not only one of the best radio shows ever; it’s one of the greatest comedic performances in history, and it was largely improvised. That man is a comic genius and the South Florida audience was the perfect accomplice.

"I've gotcha down!"

Phil Hendrie was great. Completely original and absolutely hilarious. The original and ultimate troll before the amateurs on the internet came along. You don’t see others trying to copy him simply because they couldn’t do what he did. Neil was great too until the later part of his career when he went full moonbat and just read newspaper articles all show

nobody bought into phil hendrie. I knew a dude who was a friend of hendrie who would call in as the 'outraged listeners'. it was so fake, that show.
when they did away with the diaries it came to light they really had no audience.

Real simple. They had to make room for one of the chosen.

Back
Top Bottom