Big O on the Howard David show... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O on the Howard David show...

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Few tidbits:

Kendal Newsome looking good.

Jay Fiedler has the advantage right now in the QB battle because of his legs and ability to make something happen with a broken pocket. If line gels, then battle is evened out.

Says we're likely going to sign Freeman. Guy has lost a step, but he wasn't that speed type of receiver to begin with.

Thinks McCardel will be cut by Bucs and that we should push hard for him. We should have gone after Pete Kendall, but we didn't. McCardel is a good receiver with a lot left in tank. If KeyMac is released we should pursue him quickly. This will take pressure off of Chambers and how nice will it be to have veteran depth at the WR position.

Caught it in the middle so that's all I've got for now...

We should definitely make a push for McCardell IF he's released...but I'm not convinced he will be.

Miami will only sign one WR...

Chambers, Thompson and Newsome are staying.

Wilkins looks like the KOR/PR.

That leaves one slot...

McCardell or Freeman.

miamirw said:
We should have gone after Pete Kendall, but we didn't.

I don't know where he got that. Miami DID go after Kendall..he just asked for too much money. He signed for 3 million a year...too steep IMO.

"Go after" is a relative term. If the Dolphins truly had "gone after" Kendall, he'd probably be a Phin. The Dolphins' offer wasn't in the same league as a couple other offers he was fielding, so relatively speaking you could probably say that the Phins did not "go after" him as they should have.

Pete Kendall was released from the cardinals of all teams. Do we want to pay a
guy that kind of contract that was released by the cards before the first preseason game. McCardell would be a good addition if available. The WR's on opening day may look like. Chambers, Thompson, McCardell or Freeman, Newson
and Simmons. Thats my guess.

Kendall has ended the last 3 seasons on IR.

Kendall is undersized and generally played LG, not RG where we need one.

Kendall was paid too much money for his upgrade over what we have ratio.

Kendall is a whiner who can't practice hard in Phoneix, what would he say in the Miami humidity?

Our WR unit ideally would look like:

Chambers
McCardell
Newsome
Freeman
Simmons

Wilkins, who according to Howard David, hasn't performed well at all, won't make it. Ditto Snoop Minnis, who's been relatively quiet to start camp. Azaguary said he had expected Minnis to make some noise but he hasn't impressed. Tolver needs to make plays to stay on this team.

Back
Top Bottom