Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets

They were clearly handed the Indy game, the Bengals played most of their starters till it was clear they weren't going to win. Then we went on the road to Cincy, SD & Indy and won 2 out of 3.

So, had they not been handed that game they wouldnt be in the playoffs. The Jets did make the best out of the opportunity but who's to say the Jets are that much better then the dolphins if at all? We went out and got a top inside linebacker and a top receiver in the whole NFL. The dolphins are going step for step with everyone in this league for now on. Plus, the Jets did not finish with an overwhelmingly better record not to mention they lost to the dolphins twice.

So long as Marshall is playing he makes the Fins offense much more potent. Remember what Braylon did for our run game? Marshall should do the same for the Fins. That's not even considering what he can do as a receiver.

I'm actually not so worried about him vs. the Jets, as Revis should handle him like he did his list of top notch WR's last year. I'm more worried about how many more games they'll win against other teams with Marshall.

Regardless of the Jets impressive playoff run last year, the Fins did beat them twice. Clearly, the Jets weren't on another level than the Fins were last season. If they were they would have easily won both games. Instead they lost two close games. Have the Jets added a lot of talent? Sure, but so have the Dolphins. Talent does not always equal more wins, so we'll have to see how each team does with all the new talent.

Both teams have added pieces, both teams have players returning from injury (NT, RB), both teams have young QB's going into there 2nd year as a starter. There are a lot of similarities.

Is it August yet?

We played the Dolphins early in the season while adapting to a new defense and still crushed them defensively in the second game.Very decisive performance.We will have Jenkins this time around too.By the end of the season and into the playoffs the Jets were on another level than Miami.

We have added more to our team than the Fins and one player ,especially a receiver who Revis will take completely out of the game,won't put you anywhere near equal footing with us this season.

By the by,Revis missed two days of practice the week Ginn scored on him for a bad hamstring.Look it up......

So long as Marshall is playing he makes the Fins offense much more potent. Remember what Braylon did for our run game? Marshall should do the same for the Fins. That's not even considering what he can do as a receiver.

I'm actually not so worried about him vs. the Jets, as Revis should handle him like he did his list of top notch WR's last year. I'm more worried about how many more games they'll win against other teams with Marshall.

Regardless of the Jets impressive playoff run last year, the Fins did beat them twice. Clearly, the Jets weren't on another level than the Fins were last season. If they were they would have easily won both games. Instead they lost two close games. Have the Jets added a lot of talent? Sure, but so have the Dolphins. Talent does not always equal more wins, so we'll have to see how each team does with all the new talent.

Both teams have added pieces, both teams have players returning from injury (NT, RB), both teams have young QB's going into there 2nd year as a starter. There are a lot of similarities.

Is it August yet?

Can't wait.......

I think Marshall will be far and away the best WR Revis faces. Yes he faced A. Johnson last year. Marshall will be playing him at least twice a year for the next few years. Who wins,,,,I can't say, but the jets-fins match-up will be good.

We are on a 3 game winning streak, and I would love to see it extended.....:D

Revis is good, but he couldn't even cover Ted Ginn. I think Marshall and Revis will battle, but Marshall will get his catches, yards and touchdowns when the Dolphins play the Jets.

Comon, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. Just because Ginn beat Revis once doesn't mean Revis can't cover him. Revis has shut down and simply made much better receivers look stupid on a regular basis. If all you guys have to hold onto was one fluke play on Revis, more power to you.

Can't wait.......

I think Marshall will be far and away the best WR Revis faces. Yes he faced A. Johnson last year. Marshall will be playing him at least twice a year for the next few years. Who wins,,,,I can't say, but the jets-fins match-up will be good.

We are on a 3 game winning streak, and I would love to see it extended.....:D

Pretty much. Moss isn't the same player that he used to be. Hell, Revis called him a slouch. The Bills offer nothing. However Revis will square off with A. Johnson again, who I still believe is a slight step ahead of Marshall.

The battles will be great though, and potentially epic. Should be fun to watch for years to come.

We played the Dolphins early in the season while adapting to a new defense and still crushed them defensively in the second game.Very decisive performance.We will have Jenkins this time around too.By the end of the season and into the playoffs the Jets were on another level than Miami.

We have added more to our team than the Fins and one player ,especially a receiver who Revis will take completely out of the game,won't put you anywhere near equal footing with us this season.

By the by,Revis missed two days of practice the week Ginn scored on him for a bad hamstring.Look it up......

ummm....the same can be said about what our D did to your offense...and our D sucked all yr.

If the Colts don't rest in Week 16, you finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs just like the Dolphins. Dolphins could have made a similar run if they had teams lay down at the end of the year. Your trip to the playoffs was gift wrapped. You won't have that luck this year.

How we got into the playoffs doesnt matter. We got there. And when we got there we won two road playoff games against division winners.

And the idea that the Jets would not have won the game against the Colts isnt fair. Now we can all assume that they would lose if the Colts dont lay down but the games are played for a reason.

How we got into the playoffs doesnt matter. We got there. And when we got there we won two road playoff games against division winners.

And the idea that the Jets would not have won the game against the Colts isnt fair. Now we can all assume that they would lose if the Colts dont lay down but the games are played for a reason.

You got there? But what did you win? Nothing? What did you win? What did you accomplish last season? You didn't win the AFC east division. You didn't win the AFC Championship. And you LOST to the Dolphins TWICE head to head when you actually had a chance to PROVE yourselfs for bragging rights! :lol:

What are we supposed to be impressed with? That you got lucky the Colts took out their starters when they had the LEAD against you guys in the 3rd quarter last year?

Or is it that you replaced probably the best thing you had going for your O in the leagues leading rusher with a guy who's been a bum the last 3 years? :crazy:

You know I guess Peyton Manning really is a GOD.... He gave the Jets life, only to take it right back later!

You got there? But what did you win? Nothing? What did you win? What did you accomplish last season? You didn't win the AFC east division. You didn't win the AFC Championship. And you LOST to the Dolphins TWICE head to head when you actually had a chance to PROVE yourselfs for bragging rights! :lol:

What are we supposed to be impressed with? That you got lucky the Colts took out their starters when they had the LEAD against you guys in the 3rd quarter last year?

Or is it that you replaced probably the best thing you had going for your O in the leagues leading rusher with a guy who's been a bum the last 3 years? :crazy:

You know I guess Peyton Manning really is a GOD.... He gave the Jets life, only to take it right back later!

What did we win? 2 Playoff games on the road, against division winners.

What did we accomplish? Reaching the AFCCG with a rookie QB, a rookie HC, a rookie DC & a whole new defensive philosophy.

Even after beating us twice, you still couldn't make the playoffs. Of course, that's probably because you couldn't hold a 3 score lead at the half, at home against the Saints....I bet that still stings.

If all you care about is having bragging rights over the Jets, then go for it. I'd rather go to the playoffs.

"equal-footing" would mean the Jets had to be significantly better in the first place and i don't think thats true. I think they were the better team at the end of the season last year, but i think both teams were and still are pretty equal.

The back and forth between Dolphins and Jets fans is pretty funny. It's the same argument over and over again. I fee like we're still in January and February.

Dolphins Fan: Jets suck

Jets Fan: Oh yea, Jets made it to the AFCCG while the Dolphins were watching from home.

Dolphins Fan: Oh yea, well if the Colts and Bengals didn't lay down...

Jets Fan: Oh yea, rookie qb rookie hc.

Dolphins Fan: Oh yea, Rex is still fat.

Jets Fan: Oh yea, Revis is da bestest.

Dolphins Fan: Oh yea, he had safety help, Nnamdi is best.

Jets Fan: Oh yea....

Dolphins Fan: Oh yea...

Back
Top Bottom