Big Turnaround. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Turnaround.

Slightly skewed as Garropolo went down early season.... The roster had a lot of successful pieces in place last season. Had Garropolo stayed healthy that Niner team would have been substantially better. But that's all hypothetical. As much as I would love to flip the script and go 11-5 next season id be hard pressed to say I think it can happen. While we are trending upward and slowly turning the corner we are still 2 years away from being a legitimate playoff contender.

If we kept the same offensive coaching in place then yes I could see it.

this offense is gonna have to prove it to me all over again.

get a running game and some pass rushers and aren’t far. We’ll see what Chan Gailey has dialed up

Meh. The 49ers had an extremely lucky schedule this year. No one expected the Rams to be mediocre and the entire AFC North to be terrible outside of Baltimore. Plus they played the entire NFC South which all grossly under preformed outside the Saints. Heck they only played 5 games (4 teams) with a winning record all season and lost 2 of them. They didn’t even play a team with a winning record until week 10 against the Seahawks which they lost. The 49ers are a good team, but their path to the SB was uncharacteristically easy this year. I’d love to see Miami get some of that luck next year, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Slightly skewed as Garropolo went down early season.... The roster had a lot of successful pieces in place last season. Had Garropolo stayed healthy that Niner team would have been substantially better. But that's all hypothetical. As much as I would love to flip the script and go 11-5 next season id be hard pressed to say I think it can happen. While we are trending upward and slowly turning the corner we are still 2 years away from being a legitimate playoff contender.
I agree. The 49ers were much further along than people realize. Of course, bringing in Bosa was huge.

What a difference a year makes? They went 25-55 from 2014-2018. They have a 3 year window before they have to start paying those 1st round picks on the Defense, they better capitalize while they can.

Meanwhile Mahomes & the Chiefs are about to be a regular watch in late January/February

Meh. The 49ers had an extremely lucky schedule this year. No one expected the Rams to be mediocre and the entire AFC North to be terrible outside of Baltimore. Plus they played the entire NFC South which all grossly under preformed outside the Saints. Heck they only played 5 games (4 teams) with a winning record all season and lost 2 of them. They didn’t even play a team with a winning record until week 10 against the Seahawks which they lost. The 49ers are a good team, but their path to the SB was uncharacteristically easy this year. I’d love to see Miami get some of that luck next year, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

This 100 times over, the NFC Championship was against a fraudulent 14-3 Packers team. The Packers were out gained in 11 games and went 9-1 in one possession games. Then got a bye and played a Seahawks team that was so injury riddled they pulled guys out of retirement to play. And if Rodgers doesnt convert that pass to Jimmy Graham, Wilson gets the ball back with 3 minutes and down 5 points.

49ers had laid alot of bricks for the foundation of this team, but also had guys playing super hard because its contract time. Armstead had what 12 sacks in his career and had like 11.5 this year, Sherman came off a horrible injury to be a lock down guy again just a random series of dominoes fell their way congrats to them better win while this window is here because you only have $16 million in cap and tons of high level guys coming up for pay days.

9ers will be like the Rams..One year of magic and then a fall from grace.
I think they'll have two. They should be able to keep the core mostly together next year. But, you're right. That division still belongs to Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.

Strangely, I think we might have a better chance if we don't pick a QB this year. I was all in on QB and OL in the first this year but the more I look at who is likely to be there I think we might do better the other way. How about the following?

1A) Derrick Brown (DT)
1B) A.J. Epenesa (DE)
1C) Yetur Gross-Matos (DE)
2A) and 2B) The best pair of LOT and ROT out of Austin Jackson, Prince Tega Waogho, Isaiah Wilson, Josh Jones, Trey Adams, etc.
Round 3) Get me a great RB, Center or Safety
Later Rounds) Blocking TE who can catch, FB who can catch, slot WR/kick returner, Punter, etc. (would like A.J. Dillion)
In the FA market get a RG and a LG.

Solid DL, Solid OL, and a good RB. Between Fitz and Rosen I could easily see double the wins.

Back
Top Bottom