Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
First of all we'd like to recognize henrik our owner without whom this site would not be possible. He's really our man of the year every year.

THANKS BIG GUY

This award is for the member who goes out of his way to help his fellow brothers here. Must be kind of spirit and generous of heart. All around good guy and someone that makes FinHeaven a better place to be posting on.

The finalists are

FFIC - Also known as John, John is one of the nicest members of this site and is known as the ambassador of finheaven. He personally gave me VIP access for the first time with a donation and got me hooked. John won the Lounge contest last year and has been nominated in this contest every year we have had it. john would be a great choice.

WildBill- Bill is the man behind the scenes, He helps keep this site functional. If you ever have had a problem with site access or any other technical problem, Bill will be the first one to help you. Bill was one of the runner ups in our first two man of the year events and for sure deserves to win one and this may be his year.

NY- NY has a wicked sense of humor and is the reason I became a mod. He recruited me and helped me along the way with any problems I had. NY is a steller Lounge contributor and a force during march madness. Man of the year material for sure.

J-off- If you ever had a draft related question then J will offer his input. He will talk to you about anything and is an awesome person. Good contributor in the POFO and VIP including his own draft discussion thread there. Would make an excellent choice for this award.

Albert- Albert deservingly won best News Poster last year and had a good chance again this year but graciously withdrew to let someone else win. That's the kind of guy he is. He tailgates with the boys on game day and is very deserving for all he does for the site.

This vote will end friday Feb 23rd at 5 PM

Finalist can make a statement but no campaigning for votes is allowed. We affectionately call this the Bumpus rule ;)

Basically no vote whoring. Good luck to all finalists.

I honestly could have flipped a coin between any of these guys. I voted @Albert Romano for poster of the year... @j-off-her-doll and @Fin Fan in Cali are great posters who do so much to support both the site and VIP, and @NY8123 is both a great admin and one of the best guys on the site.

In the end I went with @Wildbill3. Not only does he keep the engine running on a daily basis, but after years of longing on my part he decended from the mountaintop and delivered the gift of Xenforo to us all.

Think my vote put Bill into the lead, but honestly any of these nominations would be a worthy winner.

All worthy candidates (and all those related cliches).

However, for the herculean task of upgrading from outdated VBulletin to our versatile new xenforo software (which I've been lobbying for since requesting notification when a post is replied to or I'm cited), and now with the badges resurrected as icing on the cake, Bill gets my vote

neck and neck, but who will win?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom