Jamar Fletcher
Charles Harris
Jackie Shipp
Eddie Moore
JJ Johnson Rb
Man I’m dating how long I have been a fan
Some of theses are the first pick that year that were second round
But Trading up for Dion Jordan what a waste
Shipp was a real disappointment as he had the athletic ability but not the mental part. He did last in the NFL for some time though.

Saban won 15 games with Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfells, an injured Dante Culpepper, and Joey Harrington. He certainly wasn’t a bust but did leave before fulfilling his lofty expectations.
Agreed. You could tell he was going to be successful- his teams started slow but then got rolling. I remember 1-5 turned into 5-6 at thanksgiving and still alive. That was good coaching w terrible QBs.

For those of you saying for the NFL it’s Jamarcus Russell I raise you one Art Schlister - it might be a tie. Good debate for Colts and Raiders fans.

For the young guys that don’t remember Art, the Colts were in our division so this was seen as a real threat to us. Check out his career in the NFL stats: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Schlichter

Jonathan Martin
not only did he ruin the chemistry of our team and offensive line
in his 23 games as a Dolphin but he managed to help Incognito out
of town. Incognito managed 3 years in a row as a pro bowler with
the Bills. Haven't had a beast like Richie and thank God we haven't had a player
like Martin

Incognito and Martin were both mental cases. Having them on the same team was a recipe for disaster. I'm so glad both of them are gone.

Saban won 15 games with Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfells, an injured Dante Culpepper, and Joey Harrington. He certainly wasn’t a bust but did leave before fulfilling his lofty expectations.

I've already gone over what he did with the first two - he beat really bad competition. And Sage wasn't that bad - he had a .500 starting record, more TD's than interceptions, created a QB controversy with the Texans when he played well with them in 2007, and had the Vikings trade a second round pick for him to be their starter - except Brett Favre unretired again. He'll never get a pass for what he did with Harrington and Culpepper though - he chose to ride with those guys and that was the result. Up until that point Culpepper had been a good QB in the league and Saban did a terrible job on that one. A big reason why Saban was such a huge bust was that he couldn't handle personnel decisions within the confines of the draft and free agency. You can't say he's not a bust because of the players he had, he was a bust for choosing the players he did.

How can you give a guy a pass for the QB's he had on the roster when he drafted a backup RB #2 overall and passed on Aaron Rodgers.

The only way Tua could be in the bust category. Is if we would of gave up a bunch of picks to move up to pick 2 or even a few less to get to pick 3. And that would of been if he didn’t make it out of his second contract. If he doesn’t make it past his first contact, it was a great risk for one of the best QB’s to come out in the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom