Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Free agency has been exciting for Miami and I think the team has made some great moves. Specifically, I like the emphasis on young players who likely still haven't reached their peak.

Based on the moves in free agency, I think it sets up the draft to go heavy on offense.

Biggest holes on the roster....

1. Quarterback of the future
2. Left Tackle
3. Pass rusher
4. Safety
5. Right tackle
6. Right guard
7. Running back

Miami potentially added some nice pass rush, but I still listed that up pretty high. Maybe not a great draft to find a future star pass rusher.

The needs on the offensive line are obvious. There's a big hole at safety.

Howard should help the run game, but still need talent there.

Franchise QB
Left tackle
Strong safety
3 down RB
Right guard
Right tackle
Nose tackle
Free safety
In line TE
Fullback

Quarterback
O line
Free Safety
Those are my top 3 & think it's a good draft to fill those 3 spots.

Tua, Love or Herbert
Niang, Jones, Jackson, Cleveland, Peat, Ruiz, Cushenberry, ....
Winfield jr., Davis

LT no doubt.

Andrew Thomas is no Ogden or Boselli, but he can solidify our LT spot for 10 years.

Fitz can go another 3-4 years to be honest, if hes protected
Hopefully Fitzpatrick will be doing those 3-4 years somewhere else. Because he is nothing but a backup QB who has proven over his entire career that he isn’t good enough to lead a team to more than 5-6 wins a year. If you are looking for a multi year tank job, he is the perfect QB for your organization.

1) The Obvious: QB
2) LT/RT - Such a huge hole at LT. An upgrade at RT is needed, as well, but it may be Miami is willing to stick with Davis.
3) DT - Miami's interior DL isn't very stout against the run. They need an upgrade there.
4) Safety - Eric Rowe played beyond expectations playing at Safety, especially in coverage against TE's. But McCain is just too small and seems injury prone. An improvement over McCain, I think takes Miami's secondary to another level.
5) Inside LB - Miami needs a 3 down player at that position. But it looks like they are going to stick with what they have.

I know everyone expects every single position to be awesome but why everyone atm is worried about RT.We have 1 and is more than serviceable when a good guard is next to him.
Love for us besides the obvious at QB to go in no particular order-
1-FS I cant remember the last time we have had a Quality player at this. Spot.
2-WR-you can never have enough of these guys especially in a spread offense
3/4-Corn there is never to much corn to have good quality Offensive /Defensive Lineman to protect hopefully our Franchise QB or get after theres.
5-CB depth or starters. It's a Passing league and you need as many as you can get.
Like I said there is no particular order as to which I would go in this draft.If we cant down or up for certain players.I would prefer Miami to go BPA when drafting at this moment.

The biggest glaring needs are:

1. QB
2.OT
3.Pass Rush
4.Safety
5.RB
6.Speed WR

They should be able to address most if not all of these needs in this Draft, hopefully without reaching.

With so many needs there is ablsolutely no reason to reach for a position(except QB who you might have to risk a little)you just move on to the next position if no one is there for you.

Other than QB and maybe OT they should be going BPA available all day long.

No reaching and no checklist drafting please.

Free agency has been exciting for Miami and I think the team has made some great moves. Specifically, I like the emphasis on young players who likely still haven't reached their peak.

Based on the moves in free agency, I think it sets up the draft to go heavy on offense.

Biggest holes on the roster....

1. Quarterback of the future
2. Left Tackle
3. Pass rusher
4. Safety
5. Right tackle
6. Right guard
7. Running back

Miami potentially added some nice pass rush, but I still listed that up pretty high. Maybe not a great draft to find a future star pass rusher.

The needs on the offensive line are obvious. There's a big hole at safety.

Howard should help the run game, but still need talent there.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't et behind a list of 8-10 as "biggest." Sounds more like listing all remaining positions of need. As a result, I'm limiting this the the THREE BIGGEST. Thus, IMO,
QB, OL, OL
One has to be OT. The other depends on where Flo expects the current OLmen to line up. FWIW, I struggled with the 3rd need being OL or S. Lastly, everyone know more cuts are coming and I expect Miami to do due diligence with each opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom