Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster

1) The Obvious: QB
2) LT/RT - Such a huge hole at LT. An upgrade at RT is needed, as well, but it may be Miami is willing to stick with Davis.
3) DT - Miami's interior DL isn't very stout against the run. They need an upgrade there.
4) Safety - Eric Rowe played beyond expectations playing at Safety, especially in coverage against TE's. But McCain is just too small and seems injury prone. An improvement over McCain, I think takes Miami's secondary to another level.
5) Inside LB - Miami needs a 3 down player at that position. But it looks like they are going to stick with what they have.
I could see Miami sticking with Davis for another year.

Agree on safety. Maybe Winfield in R2 or McKinney with that pick #26?

Probably wait another year at linebacker and see if Baker can take his play to another level.

I'm looking for
1.QB ,1.OT,1.edge, 2.RB, 2.Safety ,3.nose tackle , 4.WR , 5. OT/OG swing lineman , 5. TE 5. edge/speedy LB
that's 10 of 14 pick draft picks

I'm looking for
1.QB ,1.OT,1.edge, 2.RB, 2.Safety ,3.nose tackle , 4.WR , 5. OT/OG swing lineman , 5. TE 5. edge/speedy LB
that's 10 of 14 pick draft picks

So almost half of all positions are "biggest need?"

I think going by the way Grier views things:

1. QB
2. Safety
3. Guard
4. RT

The 3 biggest holes on our team are the same ones we had before FA started.

We need a developmental QB.
A Rush Linebacker with double digit sack potential.
A stellar blindside Tackle.

I could add several more needs, but those three are probably the three most important parts of any team.

2 things protect a QB and that's a offensive line and a running game. Tackles are hard to come anywhere you find them. So obviously the value with our draft picks will be the interior of the line and running back. Grier has been known to reach for need more than talent so to improve the odds of aquiring talent I would like us draft interior line and rb early in the draft and draft OT in the 2nd thru 4 rounds and perhaps grab 3 of them. Sure DE and Saftey are a need but Saftey would be a pick early in the draft from a talent standpoint.

Great coaching of course overcomes all this and average players become stars that can later be traded or released for future draft picks.

I could add several more needs, but those three are probably the three most important parts of any team.
Can't disagree with that. Although, I do think its possible Miami looks pass rusher in 2021. Don't see this draft as very promising/deep in that regard.

Arguably the 3 hardest(and most expensive)things to find in football.

The Draft is for securing hard to find talent like the ones you listed, not FA.

They should find their QB in this Draft although he might not be the right guy in the end.

A "stellar" blindside OT might be aiming a little high.I am not sure there is one of those in this Draft.But they have a good chance to find a quality OT, though they might have to trade up to get him.

The double digit sack guy is probably going to have to wait, other than Chase Young there is no obvious guy who fits that bill.Someone may turn out to be that good, but we don't know who he is.

Arguably the 3 hardest(and most expensive)things to find in football.

The Draft is for securing hard to find talent like the ones you listed, not FA.

They should find their QB in this Draft although he might not be the right guy in the end.

A "stellar" blindside OT might be aiming a little high.I am not sure there is one of those in this Draft.But they have a good chance to find a quality OT, though they might have to trade up to get him.

The double digit sack guy is probably going to have to wait, other than Chase Young there is no obvious guy who fits that bill.Someone may turn out to be that good, but we don't know who he is.
All great points. If Miami actually hits on a quarterback. that takes away the most critical need. With Tua's injury and Burrow figuring to go to Cincinnati, this isn't an easy decision.

Lots of good tackles, but some of the top guys seem better fits for RT.

Back
Top Bottom