Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Current Holes in Miami's Roster

If Miami gets Tua, that extremely important, and talented LT better be able to go to the right in 2021 and be just as effective...then again, I guess Miami could get a good R-Tackle in 2021 FA, or Draft.

Free agency has been exciting for Miami and I think the team has made some great moves. Specifically, I like the emphasis on young players who likely still haven't reached their peak.

Based on the moves in free agency, I think it sets up the draft to go heavy on offense.

Biggest holes on the roster....

1. Quarterback of the future
2. Left Tackle
3. Pass rusher
4. Safety
5. Right tackle
6. Right guard
7. Running back

Miami potentially added some nice pass rush, but I still listed that up pretty high. Maybe not a great draft to find a future star pass rusher.

The needs on the offensive line are obvious. There's a big hole at safety.

Howard should help the run game, but still need talent there.
I'd move RB up on the list

Every year the question gets asked, and every year its the OL...
Only since about 2007!

I think that would take care of a lot of issues if the team actually fielded a quality offensive line. Have to believe (hope) Grier and Flores feel the same way.

I think going by the way Grier views things:

1. QB
2. Safety
3. Guard
4. RT
I think because he didn’t address oline as a priority in free agency he better prioritize it in the draft.

in order of need imo:

1.) QB - if you dont have one of these you dont have a chance.
2.) T (x2) - need 2 of these guys. everyone we have now is depth on other teams at best.
3.) DL - in our 3 man front, we only have 2 players worth a lick - godchaux and wilkins. possibly sieler could be serviceable depth but thats a stretch. need another starter and 2 backups.
4.) RB - howard is ok but beyond that we have next to nothing. need a dynamic playmaker here who can start or relieve howard for a lot of snaps.
5.) S - mccain stinks, i'd outright cut him tbh. the other dudes we trotted out there next to rowe are backup caliber players. need a starter.
7.) WR - not in love with this group like everyone else is. parker played great but will that last? i think it was more of an outlier than the norm. hurns is jag. wilson is expensive and may never get fully back from the hip injury. williams coming off an acl so who knows what we have there, heard rumors he has gained a lot of weight. grant is a gimick player, horrible hands. ford was nifty in the last game or two, i would keep him over hurns if it comes down to it.
6.) C - karras on a one year rental. need a succession plan.
7.) Tied - TE, G, EDGE - not in love with the starters or depth, but can get by for a season
8.) Tied - LB & CB - decent starters and depth here

First two days of the draft: QB, RT, HB, LT, DT, SS. I go with two tackles because I have Jesse Davis moving back inside to RG.

Saturday: BPA x all (depth and developmental)

I don't see how they add a pass rusher considering what they just did in FA and in last years draft.

1 QB
2 LT
3 DE/DT
4 FS
5 RG
6 RB

Free agency has been exciting for Miami and I think the team has made some great moves. Specifically, I like the emphasis on young players who likely still haven't reached their peak.

Based on the moves in free agency, I think it sets up the draft to go heavy on offense.

Biggest holes on the roster....

1. Quarterback of the future
2. Left Tackle
3. Pass rusher
4. Safety
5. Right tackle
6. Right guard
7. Running back

Miami potentially added some nice pass rush, but I still listed that up pretty high. Maybe not a great draft to find a future star pass rusher.

The needs on the offensive line are obvious. There's a big hole at safety.

Howard should help the run game, but still need talent there.
Yup, those are all gaping holes. Fortunately we have a lot of draft choices in this draft and the 2021 draft. Now, if we use them rather than squandering them to move up, we just might fill those holes.

Back
Top Bottom