Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

So many moments I don't want to remember in this thread. Why did I read it. Oy. I'm sure someone mentioned it, but that Miracle on Monday Night when we lost to the Jets still pisses me off to a strong degree. Or losing all our RBs back in the seventies. Or everything since then. So many bad moments. But next year is THE year.

Huh. It was definitely made on draft day, it Was made April 18th which was draft day. I thought it was a couple of picks before we made our pick but I could be mistaken. As I recall we drafted 19th, and on the 17th pick the packers traded for our 19th, and Randy Moss was still on the board, but I could totally be wrong. In any case, I remember a sense of bitter disappointment when I saw the Vikings select him at like 21, but it was an awful long time ago. I thought there was a good chance Moss would fall because of his character concerns that fight in the bowling alley and all that, but there it is.
My recollection was we traded before the draft started because I wanted Moss so bad as was like WTF why do this before you know whether he’s off the board. That draft was JJ just pulling garbage from the bin as he was so proud trading down for more picks.

1994 playoff loss to San Diego when Stoyo missed that kick....
Yeah, that felt like Marino's last chance. Miami was better than San Diego and should have won.

Hard to imagine the Dolphins beating the 49ers in the super bowl, but I think k it would have been a better matchup than the Chargers.

For me, Sea of Hands game is #1 for disappointment. But 94 is up there. The loss to Washington in the SB is high on the list as well.

I get in trouble contributing to these threads, but this is just my personal thing.

It was the way we handled the Marino retirement. Wannstedt wasn’t very kind about it, and then went and handed his job to the guy who had literally just embarrassed us. That combination never sat well with me. I was the ultimate homer until that point. Something snapped in me at that time and made me more cynical toward the team. I was too young for the WFL stuff, but that probably would have done me in, too.

I suppose if I had been wrong, and Wannstedt had done well, I would have changed, but since he basically ran the team into the ground for two decades, yeah, it still ranks as the most disappointing thing for me…

So many moments I don't want to remember in this thread. Why did I read it. Oy. I'm sure someone mentioned it, but that Miracle on Monday Night when we lost to the Jets still pisses me off to a strong degree. Or losing all our RBs back in the seventies. Or everything since then. So many bad moments. But next year is THE year.

Think Positive. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom