Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

Hey takin Easy’s side here… Sure we beat them on the Monday night… actually my favourite regular season win ever.
We surprised them… No doubt about it. But that 85 Bears team was a juggernaut - imho the BEST D of all time. Dominant D with a pedestrian Offense. Gonna play devil’s advocate here… If we couldn’t beat the Patriots to make it to the big game - how can you say that we would’ve beaten da Bears? Sorry but your argument crashes n burns logically. 🤡 Yo Easy! Greetings from the great White North!🤠
IMO it was a match-up thing. NE was a bad match-up for us and we were a bad match-up for Chicago. Assuming we couldn't beat the Bears b/c we lost to NE is a logical fallacy.

I don't know what time frame the data is from. I imagine Miami fans would have topped the list a couple of seasons ago. IMO Miami is currently one of the teams with the most positives going into this season. If that data is up to date then there must be a ton of perpetually miserable Miami "fans". And I don't buy the stupid, "can you blame us" argument. If you have PTSD from past disappointments then that's just a reflection of your fragile psyche and has nothing to do with a rational analysis of the current team.

I don't know what time frame the data is from. I imagine Miami fans would have topped the list a couple of seasons ago. IMO Miami is currently one of the teams with the most positives going into this season. If that data is up to date then there must be a ton of perpetually miserable Miami "fans". And I don't buy the stupid, "can you blame us" argument. If you have PTSD from past disappointments then that's just a reflection of your fragile psyche and has nothing to do with a rational analysis of the current team.
So having an injury prone QB, and a bad OL are positives? And how can we “move on” when there’s people who put together those teams still present in the building? This team as currently constructed, is basically the Blake Griffin/Chris Paul-era Clippers in the NBA. They can be fun in the regular season, but you know they won’t get very far in the playoffs.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
SB loss to redskins and the playoff loss to chargers when stoyonavich missed a FG and SB loss to 49ers are 1,2, 3 for me.

2 things - Miami getting whipped by the Jags in the playoffs 51-3.
And Saban not staying on as a HC. I still like him, it was purely a business decision, but damn it hurt us,
After reading a biography on Saban that went in depth on how the whole process went down I've let go of my dislike for Saban. He wasn't really dishonest it just all happened after the season wrapped up with his wife being a primary force. And now being older, married, and also knowing now that Florida is a very unique place that is going to be lacking for some people, I understand.

It still doesn't shake the disappointment that we were supposed to have a top shelf head coach and it didn't work out.

So having an injury prone QB, and a bad OL are positives? And how can we “move on” when there’s people who put together those teams still present in the building? This team as currently constructed, is basically the Blake Griffin/Chris Paul-era Clippers in the NBA. They can be fun in the regular season, but you know they won’t get very far in the playoffs.
Sorry, but I don't "know" that Miami can't get very far in the playoffs. In fact, I think it's the first time since at least 2002 Miami was capable of going with anyone in the league.

Do things have to go right for Miami to make it? Yeah. But that's every team in the league. Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen, and Brock Purdy all had injuries that could or definitely affected the outcome of the season.

After reading a biography on Saban that went in depth on how the whole process went down I've let go of my dislike for Saban. He wasn't really dishonest it just all happened after the season wrapped up with his wife being a primary force. And now being older, married, and also knowing now that Florida is a very unique place that is going to be lacking for some people, I understand.

It still doesn't shake the disappointment that we were supposed to have a top shelf head coach and it didn't work out.
He didn't really lie he just changed his mind overnight when he divorced us for Alabama.

It would be difficult for me to express how little I value your opinion.

Sea of Hands for me, or the Stick ‘em game, as I call it. Branch and Biletnikoff were smothered in that glue, so much wrong with that game - stick em, Madden soaking the field all night and Dolphins didn’t have the capacity to change shoes or cleats. Madden hated Shula for what he thought was an unfair advantage being in the Competition Committee and always being least penalized team yet that bastard cheated outright on so many other levels. Have always hated them since. We could have continued on to the division games with a win that should have been ours. We were the better team that day and could have gone to our 4th straight Super Bowl, with a chance to win 3 in a row. Then we lost Csonka, Kiick and Warfield to the WFL and were never the same. We could have done something no team had done before. Damn raidahs 🐬

Back
Top Bottom