Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

Depends on who produces the list. PFF has seven (7) current Dolphins on its list:
  • Tyreek Hill (7)
  • Jalen Ramsay (37)
  • Tua Tagovailoa (45) *
  • Christian Wilkins (58) *
  • Jaelen Phillips (59) *
  • Jaylen Waddle (66) *
  • Conner Williams (98)
NOTE: Chris Grier drafted 6% the players on the top 101 list, and all were selected in the first round. In addition to the four (*) listed above, he also drafted Laramy Tunsil and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

www.pff.com

The PFF 101: Highlighting the top 101 players from the 2022 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

PFF's Sam Monson ranks the top 101 NFL players of the 2022 NFL season.
www.pff.com
www.pff.com

Last
None of this matters until we win a playoff game and gain some level of relevance. Results, not potential are what matters. That's what this thread is highlighting. All the potential that was wasted at different points in this team's history.

After reading a biography on Saban that went in depth on how the whole process went down I've let go of my dislike for Saban. He wasn't really dishonest it just all happened after the season wrapped up with his wife being a primary force. And now being older, married, and also knowing now that Florida is a very unique place that is going to be lacking for some people, I understand.

It still doesn't shake the disappointment that we were supposed to have a top shelf head coach and it didn't work out.
Blegh. Go read Brees' biography about it and then see if you still feel the same way...

The 94 Divisional Game vs SD......I was a kid and think I cried after that miss

There's so many disappointments over the last 30 years I'm not even sure where to start.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
Stoyanovich miss for me. Would have gone to the SB that year but probably destroyed by the 49ers again anyway.

Blowing an 11 point lead in 4 minutes to the Patriots in 02 is up there. The 02 team was really good, back injury luck.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
The truth bears couldn't cover duper clayton one on one and dan had to fast of release for them

No superbowl win during the marino years.

---------------------
RIP Gary Rossington

e69c4398ba81dce33ffed81b15097bb8.jpg

A lot of good takes here. I will go in a different direction. Several years ago I would have said the SB losses, 94 playoff game, ‘85 title game, losing Zonk, Warfield and Kiick to CFL, etc.

But after last seasons tampering fiasco it’s official for me. The biggest disappointment in team history is Stephen Ross’ purchase of the franchise. That transaction trumps everything for me. Listen, he may be a good guy who spends money on the team. That’s not the issue. The issue is that - until hopefully “now” - he continually hired the wrong FO people + mucked up things he touched like Harbaugh / Sparano and Brady / Flores and had a steady stream of scandals like Bullygate etc. He was rightfully memed as Mr Magoo around here. Again, not for lack of trying - but results. No playoff wins since he took over. Only 3 appearances in 15 or 16 years. Presides over the longest stretch of irrelevance the franchise has EVER known - by FAR.

Not hating on the man. Just saying, the transaction that made Ross the owner - for me - is the most disappointing thing that has EVER happened to this club for the aforementioned reasons.

Losing a big game here or there - happens to every franchise. Being run poorly for so long? That’s far worse IMO. Hopefully he’s got the right team of FO guys now. Hopefully the back part of his tenure as owner closes out strong.

Back
Top Bottom