Biggest Free Agent/Trade Bust? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Free Agent/Trade Bust?

Suh's contract was the other bad one.

And he played well, just not well enough to ever fulfill that insane contract.

The cant spell it wall e ogunlye trade that brought us Marty Booker and some scrub running back was god awful

The cant spell it wall e ogunlye trade that brought us Marty Booker and some scrub running back was god awful

we actually got channing crowder and booker for Ogun for a 3rd option Booker wasnt a bad wr and Ogun was gonna hold out and we couldnt afford to pay him. that was a win win trade.

lamar gordon was the **** running back we traded a 3rd round pick for, but our hands were forced with that cause Tricky Ricky

OK, so I'm on board with Mike Wallace as the worst, but I'm kinda pleasantly surprised we've made it to page 3 and I'm the first to mention QB Jay Cutler. Smokin' Jay generated a tad bit of anger at the time. He wasn't as good as I expected, but he wasn't as bad as the anger at the time either. Another name I haven't heard is LB Phillip Wheeler.

Personally my least favorite trade ever was Brandon Marshall ... locker room cancer, bad citizen, and mirage numbers.

OK, so I'm on board with Mike Wallace as the worst, but I'm kinda pleasantly surprised we've made it to page 3 and I'm the first to mention QB Jay Cutler. Smokin' Jay generated a tad bit of anger at the time. He wasn't as good as I expected, but he wasn't as bad as the anger at the time either. Another name I haven't heard is LB Phillip Wheeler.

Personally my least favorite trade ever was Brandon Marshall ... locker room cancer, bad citizen, and mirage numbers.
Jay Cutler was brought in as a one year stop gap in a failed year. Tannehill had gotten injured and it was basically accepted at that point the year was wasted. He didn't do anything bad by any means (well relatively speaking), but that was also the beginning of the end of the locker room cohesion and he sure didn't put out any fires.

I think Phillip Wheeler gets forgotten because he was one of about 30,000 moves that offseason that completely backfired. Dion Jordan, Dannell Ellerbe, Mike Wallace, Tyson Clabo, and how easily we forget Dustin Keller.

Brandon Marshall is an interesting one because he cost us two 2nd rounders. I believe we got two 3rd rounders from Chicago, but still. Everything about that experiment was failed and he torched every bridge on the way out. I remember after acquiring him I thought we were set up pretty good, and basically the next day we ship out Ted Ginn Jr for pennies. Never understood that subsequent move but that was Jeff Ireland for ya. Fill a hole create a hole. Offense had no speed that year and defenses just sat down on everything including the run game. Trusting Brian Hartline to be a number 2 receiver was a bad move and we repeated it for like 5 straight years. I think we tried to fill the speed gap next year with Clyde Gates, maybe he caught 4 passes in his career.

The problem with saying Brandon Marshall is how different would that acquisition have gone if we had managed to sign Peyton Manning in 2012? I think the Brandon Marshall era goes very differently with Manning at QB. That would be why I'm hesitant to say it was the worst signing since Henne was the real reason those two years were disasters.

Worst signing has to be Mike Wallace. Brandon Marshall was at least a good football player before and after the Dolphins. Mike Wallace was a locker room cancer who demanded the ball be fed to him. He turned 141 targets into less than 1,000 yards his first year. Set this team back.

It's notable how many of these awful moves were made by Ireland. Man he wasted those Wake, Starks and crew defenses.

I wouldn't call him a bust per say but I EXPECTED so much more from Joey Porter when we acquired him.

I didn't expect much from Howard and we got so much less than that...
Porter had 18.5 sacks when we moved him to the proper role.

Don't follow this one....

Back
Top Bottom