Biggest Free Agent/Trade Bust? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Free Agent/Trade Bust?

Dave Wrongstadt (wrong for the phish) He ran Ricky off after giving up a mint to get him, then he blew every draft choice he made.

Disagree...

We handed out a Hall of Fame level contract for an above average player at a cheap position, and it hamstrung our cap for several years.

Just a dreadful contract from a value position. The worst I have seen in my 50 years of following this team.
no way Reshad Jones hamstrung them worse than failing to sign Brees.

Ricky Williams, because it wrecked our team. We gave up two first round draft choices (2002, 2003) to acquire Williams, and then foolishly spent a third rounder (2004, Lamar Gordon) and a first rounder (2005, Ronnie Brown) to replace him. No NFL team spends 3 first round picks and a third round pick on running backs in four years, and it helped to accelerate our slide under Wannstedt and had a lasting impact for Saban and Sparano.
worst answer ever lol.

Again, the point of this thread is not who was the worst acquisition but who YOU had the highest hopes for that failed miserably. The person that you thought would really elevate the team but did not. It's kinda "Boy was I wrong" thread.
Minkah

Well, He wasn't signed and we had the opportunity to sign him ,coming up on 15 years he was looking for that tryout. He was running a 4.4 way back but it has been spoken that he could run a sub 4.2 40. We never signed the one player that would have changed the Dolphin dark years' People in the know understand what ''JUAN HURON'' would have done for our franchise.

worst sig ever
this sig represents the best pick this organization has made since Marino while highlighting how laughably low we were as an organization at the same time. The Tunsil pick was the light at the end of the tunnel. Our saving grace.

Your sig is a cat (that really needs to be scaled down).

Free agents:
1. Eric Green. We gave up on the great Keith Jackson for this dominant run blocking TE who was expensive and fat. He was an epic bum. I don't care about the contract, well cuz I don't pay it. I care about what they cost (not money) the team to have them.
2. Jake Grove. He was expensive and when he played he was really tough and physical. But the best ability is availability. Always hurt. I remember wanting the Ravens guy Brown, maybe Jason Brown I can't remember, he went to the St. Louis Rams. I thought he was going to be all-pro, he too was all-dud.
3. Richard Marshal. See Vontae Davis trade, Vontae was on rookie deal, we signed this bum to big coin.
4. The Gerbil. See fellow member and excellent poster, who still mocks him with his name 😀😉😄👍

Trades:
1. Daunte Culpepper. Do I really need to explain this?
2. AJ Feebley. See above.
3. Vonte Davis. This made no sense at all! Philbin took a very good 3-4 defense and forced them into a 4-3 spending free agent money and draft picks to a defense that was top 7, but a shyte offense he completely ignored. Trading the crybaby was funny, only until the next game when we kept getting torched because the soft Sean Smith was back there along with the Gerbil. We watched Vontae turn into a stud in Indy the next several years very disappointing.
4. Lamar Gordon and Adawale Ogunleye trades. WTF??????!!!!! I mean really, WTF?

Back
Top Bottom