Biggest Impact in the EAST | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Impact in the EAST

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
What Free agent pick up or drafte will have the biggest impact in our Division.

1) Rosevelt Colvin he will add alot of talen to an already impressive Defense, I think we will have serious competition from the Pats to win the AFC East.

2) Takeo Spikes will bring leadership an talent to a young defense.

3) Sammy Knight with his ability to create turnovers and hold on to them he should have a big impact in Miami. I think 5-7 Interceptions this season

Biggest Flops in our division

1) Curtis Conway he isn't even gonna come close to replacing Coles. I hope for the Jets Moss steps up an becomes the player that they expected him to be.

2) Derius Thompson, the last thing Miami needed was another possession receciver, I think that with a great running game like they have Miami needs speed on the outsided to spread the field an McDrop is not the player that will open it up for them.

3) McGahee now if your the Bills an you already have Henry who is coming off a career making season, what are you smoking to go pick up a crippled RB in the first round. I predict he will never be a starting RB in the NFL.

Thompson was a good signing who will compliment Chambers. Thompson has good size and goes along well with the faster Chambers and McKnight.

I think Takeo Spikes and Roosevelt Colvin will have huge impacts on their teams, but Spikes won't make the Bills defense good (after all the defense he was on last year wasn't good) while Colvin will give the Pats another pass rushing option. Colvin will have a big impact but he won't make the Pats defense great or anything. I think they won't be as good in a 3-4 system.

Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey...two Bills we have inked for years, and 2 names you will hear quite often.....even the most biased finfan can realize this is a massive upgrade over slow as a slug Keith Newman and Eddie Robinson

not a true answer, but how well Sam Adams and/or Marcus Robertson help plug up their team's run D will be a key to who wins the division

Spikes will be an improvement, but what leadership has he shown thats all of a sudden going to help the Bills? He was on the Bengals ;\, couldn't do anything there to help.

I guess we have to just wait and see.

Originally posted by CanadianFish

Biggest Flops in our division

2) Derius Thompson, the last thing Miami needed was another possession receciver, I think that with a great running game like they have Miami needs speed on the outsided to spread the field an McDrop is not the player that will open it up for them.

On the contrary, I think a possession receiver was EXACTLY what the Phins needed. Sure, they wanted a guy with speed. But first and foremost, he had to be able to go over the middle and move the chains. Chambers is wasted (and unhappy) in that role. McKnight is also not suited for it.

At the time of the signing, we were targeting Ike Hilliard, Kevin Dyson, Oronde Gadsden, and Derrius Thompson. All possession receivers. Only Chambers and McKnight were on the roster.

Thompson has good speed and can do things down the field. He averaged nearly 15 ypc last season lining up opposite Rod Gardener (who is also a possession receiver), catching passes from Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, and rookie Patrick Ramsey.

He will prove to be a good signing IMO.

This is exactly what i have been thinking about Spikes all along... He never made a pro bowl, and i barely ever heard his name on ESPN or seen highlights of plays that hes made... I think he is very overrated and hasnt really proven a thing... I sincerely doubt that any buffalo fans watched him play when he was on teh bengals and say "Wow, he's good, i wish he was on my team."

To me, unless he makes a pro bowl, has consistant play this year, or gets on top 10 plays of the week for that matter, i have no respect for him whatsoever.

McKnight changed his name from McDrops last year to McPlaymaker..Don't know what planet you were on last year, but when McPlaymaker played, he was the receiving corps, unfortunately it left CC as a possesion receiver. So signing DT was the right move, as Muck pointed out, we had none at the time of his signing.

The reason that Spikes hasn't made a Pro Bowl is because he played in Cincinnati. Also, the FANS vote on the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest.

In NFL circles, Spikes is well respected. Remember when Jerome Bettis caused all that ruckus by saying that Spikes was as talented as Ray Lewis??

I'd say Spikes not because he'll be the most productive but because the Bills had a crappy defense last year which should be at least average.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
McKnight changed his name from McDrops last year to McPlaymaker..Don't know what planet you were on last year, but when McPlaymaker played, he was the receiving corps, unfortunately it left CC as a possesion receiver. So signing DT was the right move, as Muck pointed out, we had none at the time of his signing.

People really need to lay off McKnight for that drop against Baltimore in the 2001 playoffs. Like I keep saying with Zach Thomas hurt, he wouldn't have been able to play the following week, they weren't going to win anything anyways.

I'm not a big McKnight fan at all, I think calling an over thirty year old speed reciever, who was the only reciever in all the camps last year, but still lost out to 3 other recievers McPlaymaker is absolutely ridiculous. I forgot about the drop against Baltimore, but i do remember the fumble in Minn.

Originally posted by The Beach Bum
I sincerely doubt that any buffalo fans watched him play when he was on teh bengals and say Wow, he's good, i wish he was on my team.

I'm not a Bills fan, but I've wished Spikes was on the Chiefs ever since he was drafted. I don't know how anyone could not want him on their team. The guy is a great playmaker.

Originally posted by stan marino
I'm not a big McKnight fan at all, I think calling an over thirty year old speed reciever, who was the only reciever in all the camps last year, but still lost out to 3 other recievers McPlaymaker is absolutely ridiculous. I forgot about the drop against Baltimore, but i do remember the fumble in Minn.

Wanny said McKnight was the team's best receiver last season. He also admitted that his handling of McKnight was a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom