Biggest Impact in the EAST | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Impact in the EAST

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
What are you talking about Bum? Larry Chester played very well last year. He also was nagged by that leg injury. He is now completely healthy, and I think he will surpass Tim Bowens as the best DT on our team.

Zgonina was very impressive with the Rams last year, including 4 sacks. Don't be shocked if he comes in on 3rd downs simply to wreck havok.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
CW, just so you know, Clements stats were padded by Pucas last year. I think 4 of his INT's came from Lucas alone. That leaves 2 for 14 games.

yeah, and having no D-Line certainly helps that...easy for you to say when you have Taylor rushing the QB..we had Schobel, Denney and Edwards...please think first....Clements and Winfield didnt blow that many coverages last year too, which was very impressive...yes the raider game and a few others were bad, but generally they did a pretty damn good job....your corners are the best, but i'd like to see how they do when the qb has all day to throw the ball

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

yeah, and having no D-Line certainly helps that...your corners are the best, but i'd like to see how they do when the qb has all day to throw the ball

What D-LINE did you pick up to change this from last year? Fat Sam? You still have no pass rush unless you send Takeo.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

yeah, and having no D-Line certainly helps that...easy for you to say when you have Taylor rushing the QB..we had Schobel, Denney and Edwards...please think first....Clements and Winfield didnt blow that many coverages last year too, which was very impressive...yes the raider game and a few others were bad, but generally they did a pretty damn good job....your corners are the best, but i'd like to see how they do when the qb has all day to throw the ball

Dude, I was only talk about INT's. His stats are padded cause Lucas was tossing him the ball like if they were at the park. If you remember that game clearly, Lucas was consistently underthrowing and overthrowing. Every single INT by Clement was simple, he didn't have to make an adjustment or anything.

Originally posted by MarinoFan

Dude, I was only talk about INT's. His stats are padded cause Lucas was tossing him the ball like if they were at the park. If you remember that game clearly, Lucas was consistently underthrowing and overthrowing. Every single INT by Clement was simple, he didn't have to make an adjustment or anything.
When did I discount that?...I just said Clements is still a great CB

Originally posted by dolfan4good

What D-LINE did you pick up to change this from last year? Fat Sam? You still have no pass rush unless you send Takeo.
Jeff Posey(8 sacks last year), Marcus Jones, Keith McKenzie, and Draft pick Chris Kelsay....all better depth than last year...btw, try running up the middle with Sam and Pat there....try

Oh Please. Posey had 8 sacks last year after being in the league a few years and bouncing from team to team. He also had only 60 tackles in 16 games. He has to prove to me that he can do it on a consistent basis, year in year out, which he hasn't done. He doesn't scare me at all.

Marcus Jones - 25 tackles 3 sacks
Keith McKenzie - Bounced around last year as well. Barely has any stats.

You must be dreaming that your pass rush will be better. JT had more sacks last year than all of the pickups you mentioned COMBINED.

yes...Posey had 8 sacks and 60+ tackles in 16 games, only starts though....now he's actually playing with good people around him

btw, Posey has 11 career sacks and 8 of them were last year...we're clearly getting him at the right time

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Please. Posey had 8 sacks last year after being in the league a few years and bouncing from team to team. He also had only 60 tackles in 16 games. He has to prove to me that he can do it on a consistent basis, year in year out, which he hasn't done. He doesn't scare me at all.

Marcus Jones - 25 tackles 3 sacks
Keith McKenzie - Bounced around last year as well. Barely has any stats.

You must be dreaming that your pass rush will be better. JT had more sacks last year than all of the pickups you mentioned COMBINED.
and when did I say our dline was going to be better than yours?...I said it will improve greatly, stop being so defensive

How come everytime we point out the deficiences in your arguments concerning your players (Spikes, now Posey), your response is "now they have better palyers around". From where? I have pointed out that each player is mediocre at best (DL wise). Where are these other good people coming from?

How come everytime we point out the deficiences in your arguments concerning your players (Spikes, now Posey), your response is "now they have better palyers around". From where? I have pointed out that each player is mediocre at best (DL wise). Where are these other good people coming from?

Our secondary is solid(with the exception of FS...if you have any qualms with that, then look at where we were both ranked at in passing d last year)...Adams and Williams are great DT's...Williams is one of the most underrated, just ask your boy Wanny....Spikes and Fletcher are both great..that's who i'm referring too

I believe that the part of the therad we were discussing was your pass rush. WHere is it going to come from this year as opposed to the non-existant one you had last season. None of the guys you mentioned (except for Posey and that only last year) have shown they can rush the passer. Thus your GREAT secondary is left hanging AGAIN! This year they won't have Lucas throwing to them.

Buffalo's safeties are poor.

Their defense last year was horrible.

They definitely upgraded one spot with Spikes, the rest of the players are all middle of the road.

Whether that will make their defense appreciably better reamins to be seen.

umm...Marcus Jones, Keith McKenzie, and Chris Kelsay are certainly better then the trash we had last year at LE...btw, maybe you overhype the pass rush, all it needs to be is adequate and consistent...you guys had the leading sacker last year, but we moved the chains at will on you

Good. Deflect the inadequacies of your team by attempting to smack on ours.

Fact is your defense was terrible last year and you did little to make a major impact.

Back
Top Bottom