Biggest Impact in the EAST | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Impact in the EAST

Originally posted by dolfan4good
Good. Deflect the inadequacies of your team by attempting to smack on ours.

Fact is your defense was terrible last year and you did little to make a major impact.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
oh, i'm saving this thread...hope you like crow buddy, cuz that's what you'll be eatin':lol:

circling,

i just want to tell you that i do not agree you did little to improve your defense. I just dont think they will be all that you hype them up to be.

You got-
Adams-DT- Fat, slow, and underachieving. He was good in baltimore, and a disapointment in Oakland. There have been reports saying that he is very out of shape, and that he was not participating in team workout drills. I think you are in for a disapointment with him.

McKenzie and Jones-DL- Both were once dominant, but have been derailed by injuries. They will never be the players that they once were, and also are not what you think they are going to be.

Posey-LB- He will be predomitadly covering the tight end most of the year (I heard in various reports from ESPN and the bills analysis in Athlon sports magazine) and will not be the pass rushing king that you invision. He is taking over for Keith Newman, who was your TE coverer last year, so expect the same job for posey.

Reese-DB- May start over prioleau, but is unproven and no one knows much about him.

Sidney and Thomas-DB- Coaches hope that they will be able to handle playing nickel and dime back.

Thomas is a playmaker who is firmly entrenched as the NCB and could take over as the starter next year (believe it).

Originally posted by The Beach Bum:
"I sincerely doubt that any buffalo fans watched him play when he was on teh bengals and say Wow, he's good, i wish he was on my team."

Actually when the Bengals visited Ralph Wilson stadium last year, Bills fans did exactly that, cheering Spikes as he came out of the tunnel. Spikes commented on the warm welcome later and made it seem as if fan reaction was at least a factor in his decision to sign with the Bills.

Dam, I'm still marveled at the fact we have fans in Canada?!

Alright Miami!

:up:

There's a whole lot of ignorance about other teams players for so much talking.

1. Takeo Spikes is one of the best Linebackers in the NFL bar NO ONE.

2. Jeff posey is such a huge upgrade over keith Newman that it isn't even funny.

3. Sam Adams is supposed to be big and fat, but he is not slow, and he and Pat Williams are already plugging the middle and releasing the Bills LBs to run free.

4. The Bills CBs are great. Winfield doesn't pick the ball off because he isn't thrown at. He never misses a tackle and is one of the best cover corners in the league. Playmaker? No. Shut down? Hell yes.

Let's be clear about Sam Adams. He is not a sure thing. Us Buffalo fans know that. He is not, however, inordinately out of shape. He earned a bonus by coming into training camp at the weight targeted by the Bills. The potential problem for Sam Adams is not his weight. It's not his attitude, which has been terrific. It is his knees, which nobody can do anything about. That's why he gets more rest in training camp than some other guys. It's also why Buffalo expects to give significant playing time during the season to backups Ron Edwards and Justing Bannan, who have had terrific training camps. Buffalo knew this going into training camp and took a calculated risk that Adams' talent is work the chance that his knees will cause problems. Whether they can nurse his knees through an entire season with the steps they have taken is anybody's guess.

Regarding other areas of the defence, McKenzie is having a great training camp. Marcus Jones is still slowed by his knee and likely will not be full speed before the start of the season. Ryan Denney, who looked like a second round bust a year ago had a great offseason with conditioning and adding weight (muscle), looks like he can be productive. Jeff Posey has been very impressive in camp. Spikes is Spikes, though he "tweaked" a groin early this week and may miss the Titans game tonight as a precaution. Izell Reese has been fine. Pierson Prioleau, however, has made great strides and looks not to be giving up the FS starting spot without a fight. Coy Wire has been terrific. Dainon Sidney and Kevin Thomas have both been good in camp and it looks like Buffalo will be fine for nickel and dime backs.

Back
Top Bottom