Biggest impact this year for a first year Dolphin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest impact this year for a first year Dolphin?

The rookies are all likely to have growing pains due to not having any kind of real preseason compared to normal years.

So I will go with Jones over Van Noy, Howard, Flowers, Karras and Breida.

The vet's are much more likely to contribute right away since they only have to adjust to a new team not a whole league.

In looking at the new arrivals to pick a guy I can't think of a team that added so many new players on one off season.

I am going to say someone who hasn't been mentioned. Raekwon Davis.

I expect this guy to win the DT position this year. If he does and he excels like I think he will this defense will be very different than last year.

I think Matt Breida and Jordan Howard will also be a clear upgrade from our previous backs.

if first-year Dolphin means first year on the team, i'm going with Byron Jones.

if it's meant in the sense of first-year players, i'm going with Tua.

Tua without even starting. He’s already making Miami relevant as evident by the jersey sales. Just his presence alone I’m sure will have an effect on how Fitzpatrick plays with added pressure to keep the job.

If Chan Gailey still has some magic left in the tank, then my choice/choices will be Jordan Howard and Breida. Gailey getting the run game going, will help those 2 could become a serious problem for defenses around the league.

Jones has superior football intellect, so I'm expecting him, as well to make a positive impact on the defense.

I'm going with Iggy on D an heres my rationale .... With X and Jones on the outside he's going to get looked at alot and alot of chances. Also if history tells us anything, X is going to miss some games and once again who is the QB going to throw at Iggy or Jones. Soooo dunno who is going to have the best season but stat wise, wouldnt surprise me if Iggy doesnt lead the team in INT's if he's good...or tackles if he sucks..

Offense, Ima say Breida if he stays healthy

I’m hoping that Brandon Jones makes the biggest impact on defense at FS.

I expect Raekwon Davis to have the Biggest impact as a rookie. Might not read like it on paper but I think he is going to eat up the opposing OL and give everyone else increased numbers because of it.

Of the 1st year vets on the team I am hoping its Howard. If he can stay healthy he can be dominant at times and having him bruise up the opposing defenses will give Brieda's speed a lift too.

I am going to say someone who hasn't been mentioned. Raekwon Davis.

I expect this guy to win the DT position this year. If he does and he excels like I think he will this defense will be very different than last year.

I think Matt Breida and Jordan Howard will also be a clear upgrade from our previous backs.

I think Raekwon Davis will make a splash his rookie year too. I liked the pick more than others here. I also really like the Strowbridge pick a lot too. Tremendous athlete, with the right coaching/motivation I believe they can both make a difference.

Tua without even starting. He’s already making Miami relevant as evident by the jersey sales. Just his presence alone I’m sure will have an effect on how Fitzpatrick plays with added pressure to keep the job.
The last I checked, jersey sales don’t mean more wins. Until he actually gets on the field and leads the Dolphins to the playoffs, he is just another unproven rookie.
Fitzpatrick won the Dolphin MVP last year without Tua on the roster. So I doubt he feels any additional pressure having a Tua on the roster. He is smart enough to understand he is at the end of his career and Tua was drafted to be the future for the Dolphins at the QB position.

I'm going to say Tua. Even if he doesn't start right away, I don't see the team holding him back the entire season. I would think 8-10 starts.

Back
Top Bottom