Biggest Non-Ronnie Impact Poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Non-Ronnie Impact Poll

Who will have the biggest impact besides Ronnie Brown? You can choose more than one.

• QB Gus Frerotte

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • DT Keith Traylor

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • CB Travis Daniels

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • DE/DT Kevin Carter

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • CB Mario Edwards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FS Travares Tillman

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • SS Tebuckey Jones

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • LB Channing Crowder

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • DE/DT Vonnie Holliday

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • WR David Boston

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • RB Ricky Williams

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • RT Stockar McDougle

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • LB Donnie Spragan

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • DE Matt Roth

Votes: 41 36.9%

• Total voters

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know the offseason isn't QUITE over yet, we probably will make one or two more pickups at DT or CB, or other positions if we have any more injuries (knock on wood)

But we DO have a good list of possible IMPACT players that we have picked up, ASIDE from Ronnie Brown. Below are your choices (no, Linehan and Houck are not choices, they are COACHES)...

QB Gus Frerotte - Strong-armed confident vet actively competing for starter job at QB and may even have the inside track on it. In Minnesota primarily showed the ability to launch it deep to Randy Moss, who caught everything he was thrown, but there's something to be said for completing deep balls...period. Experience in Linehan's system.

DT Keith Traylor - Wide load nose tackle who actually surprised me with how he played in NE last year. When he signed in place of Ted Washington last year I thought he would be a poor substitute. He wasn't Teddy, but he was still very good. Says he expects to start at LDT/NT. Experience in Belichick's system. If he plays a lot and we have a good run defense, you can't emphasize enough his impact.

CB Travis Daniels - A mediocre talent, but very disciplined rookie that could end up starting at CB by mid-season. Well-adjusted kid who is better than Randall Gay, who made a good impact in NE last year.

DE/DT Kevin Carter - May be forced into playing RDT more often than we envisioned when we signed him. Ability to dominate games at LDE. Could be a liability in run stopping if played too much at RDT on running downs.

CB Mario Edwards - Could end up starting at CB, or playing nickel CB. I thought he was a quick-feet kind of guy, but I could definitely be wrong.

FS Travares Tillman - Very athletic underachiever in a last-chance type opportunity, will probably start.

SS Tebuckey Jones - Very athletic underachiever will start. Has experience in Belichick's system, had great year under Belichick, was franchised by Pats, traded to Saints while Pats signed Rodney Harrison. Hands of pure stone, couldn't catch a cold in a snow storm.

LB Channing Crowder - "Crowd Control" will backup Seau at MLB, and has an outside chance of beating Donnie Spragan for the job at SSLB. Natural leader, nice body size, good physical power (ideal for Seau and Spragan's spots, not necessarily for Zach's "scrape" spot).

DE/DT Vonnie Holliday - Could see time at RDT, could end up starting at LDE. Solid run-stopping 4-3 LDE (think Kenny Mixon), solid passrusher at 3-4 DE, or 4-3 DT.

WR David Boston - Will begin by challenging Bryan Gilmore for the job as 4th WR, but could end by challenging Marty Booker for spot at 2nd WR, or even Chambers as 1st WR (sky is limit for him, always has been). May also punch a coach, sniff some coke, and end up in jail for assaulting a meter maid. Good potential if he stays at 230 lbs.

RB Ricky Williams - Will play at lowest weight since either high school or early college days. More flexible and less powerful after intense yoga training. Supposedly more at peace with himself and the world, and off the green stuff. Could be the Cadillac Williams to Ronnie Brown's...Ronnie Brown? Especially similar situation with Ricky at a playing weight of 210-215 lbs. May only play 12 games.

RT Stockar McDougle - God bless John St. Clair, he was probably our most consistent lineman last year, but that's not saying much. McDougle is a road-grating run blocker that St. Clair is not. Think this position couldn't make much of an impact? Take a look at Todd Wade's rookie year in Miami, and then take a look at the year before with tub of goo James Brown at RT.

LB Donnie Spragan - Good size, mediocre talent and instincts (think Dwight Hollier). Emphasis has been placed on his smarts, and that is good since you need to be smart to play LB in this defense. Will initially start at SSLB, may be beaten out by Channing Crowder.

DE Matt Roth - He's a loose cannon, and an animal. Big man on campus will try to find out if he's a big boy in the NFL too. Undersized but with an explosive first step (watch the film, it jumps out at you). Could end up another Ogunleye. Roth will compete with Holliday and Carter for time at LDE, which was the only spot that he played in minicamps so far. Chances of making an impact improve greatly if Carter is moved to RDT more than LDE. Strikes me as the kind of guy that could take NFL by storm with double digit sacks (opposite JT) in his rookie year if given significant playing time.

Another great post by CK. I think Roth might have the biggest impact if he gets the chance to start. But if Boston returns to his Arizona days, he'll be great.

Of all you've name, Boston has the best chance of being a impact guy, especially if he starts off at the #3 WR position, he'd get the other team's 3rd best DB, and probably school someone of that statue...Boston is a #1 going against the 3rd DB..we should get the most bang for our bucks there.

I am going to go with Kevin Carter. He has a great track record of doing well, and having Taylor and Holliday around him should help him out a lot.

Gus Frerotte will undoubtly make the biggest impact if he starts because the QB always makes a big impact on each game and I think he will beat Feeley for the starting job

CK, You DA MAN! Great post.

MY VOTES:

Kevin Carter: I think he was a great acquisition and he will be excellent on our D-line and excell.

Stockar McDougle
: In terms of our Offensive Line, I think he will make a HUGE impact.

* Matt Roth
& Channing Crowder: I'm very excited about both rookies, but I frankly don't think they'll be getting the playing time or will be starting right away... thought once they're in the starting lineup (maybe come mid-season), I think they will both make an immediate impact.

David Boston
: It's true, the sky really is the limit for him. If he can stay HEALTHY, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that he will make an IMPACT for us on Offense no matter where he is playing whether. My guess would be 2nd or 3rd string.

Ricky Williams
: Well you got to mention him here... because look how much of an impact one player (he) could make alone to our team and our offense in 2002. If he gets his act together, mentally and physically (getting in shape), I think he could once again be a threat for us. He on the right track along with Ronnie Brown could prove to be one of the most dangerous duos in the NFL.

Those are my votes. (Excluding Crowder and Roth becaues I honestly don't think they will get to start going into this season.)

ckparrothead said:
WR David Boston - Will begin by challenging Bryan Gilmore for the job as 4th WR, but could end by challenging Marty Booker for spot at 2nd WR, or even Chambers as 1st WR (sky is limit for him, always has been). May also punch a coach, sniff some coke, and end up in jail for assaulting a meter maid. Good potential if he stays at 230 lbs.

:spit:

F'n classic.

ckparrothead said:
May also punch a coach, sniff some coke, and end up in jail for assaulting a meter maid. Good potential if he stays at 230 lbs.
:rofl4: :lolcry: :rofl4:

Good Post CK. I think ROth may have the biggest impact long term, but in the short term, I gotta go for St. McDougle, Kevin Carter and hopefully David Boston.

I voted for Stockar and Kevin Carter

Carter should be a dominator in this defense, especially with JT on the other side.

Stockar could be the cornerstone of our revamped O-line. He has Pro-Bowl potential, and will be the key to our running game at RT.

I think Roth is a couple years away, and Crowder should see some time this year but he will be a definitive #2 behind Zach.

With Boston and Ricky, who knows. Im not putting any faith in them, and I dont think the coaches are either. Any contributions these two characters make is a bonus.

Ricky Williams
David Boston
Kieth Traylor
Matt Roth

I wanted to say K. Carter, but I honestly don't think he's going to have that much of an impact.

Nublar7 said:
I am going to go with Kevin Carter. He has a great track record of doing well, and having Taylor and Holliday around him should help him out a lot.

I agree, and should add that he has best best chance of being on the field throughout the year in most of the packages. Carter will likely play more than the rest because of his versatility.

Back
Top Bottom