... Biggest off-season in Miami Dolphins history?!?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

... Biggest off-season in Miami Dolphins history?!?!?

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
First off I just wanna say I'm still ecstatic over getting B.Marsh.... looking at some of his highlights on youtube the guy is probably the hardest receiver to tackle in the league.. I'd say he's top 2-4 overall in the entire league...

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone could find a year where Miami made such an impact in the off season? This is what we've done:

1. Signed the best offensive FA available and one of the best WR in the game. Player is young, on the rise, still improving.

2. Signed the BEST defensive FA available and one of the best LB in the league... Again the player is YOUNG and on the rise..

We might have signed bigger name free agents in the past, but can anyone think of a year where we signed arguably the 2 best FA available, and heres the key - they were both young ???

can't say I recall but probably the closest "best offseason" we've had that I can remember would have to be 1992

we picked up Keith Byars (still in his prime)

we traded for Keith Jackson ( I think we traded for K Jackson who was still in his prime)

a few other pieces were added

And There Is Still More To Come Hopefully. If Not Let The Rockets Out In The Draft And Get The Missing Pieces

I dunno.

The season we got Ricky..... Didn't we get Seau and Knight that same offseason? That was a big offseason too

I dunno.

The season we got Ricky..... Didn't we get Seau and Knight that same offseason? That was a big offseason too
But didnt we get Seau on the downside of his career. With Ricky we had to trade a lot to get him. With this one we got some great player without having to give up much and we have an entire draft coming up as well.

I dunno.

Top defensive player in FA, a brilliant defensive playcaller, and one of the best young WR's in the NFL all in the same offseason. That offseason is peanuts compared to this. Add to the fact that the Draft hasn't even happened.

This has been the best that I can remember, and we are not even at the draft yet.

Back
Top Bottom