Biggest Problem on OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Problem on OL

KB21 said:
The biggest problem on the offensive line has been the scheme. Why else do you think they can make mass changes and get the exact same results?

I'm still trying to figure out when Seth McKinney became a bad center. Four year starter at Texas A&M, three time All-Big 12, All-American, and a Rimington Award Finalist.

Some of you need to make your damn mind up. Is Tony Wise a bad OL coach, or did he simply have bad players?

The problem is Tony Wise.
As much as I hate to say it, McKinney is just not very good as a C as of now. Wise is the core of our o-line problem, though, I agree. With a decent o-line coach, our line wouldnt be as bad as it is now. Would we still need a couple tweaks? Yeah, we'd still need a LT probably and maybe a C (maybe McKinney could get a little stronger and a new coach could work with him some...I hate to give up on an Aggie).

IMO, these are the problems with our OL...in order.

1. LT - need a quality player there
2. C - Seth just doesn't seem to get it at the pro level
3. RG - Maybe Hadnot...maybe not, certainly need some competition there

I think RT and LG are OK with Carey and Jeno James respectively.

I would love to get Sweatty a** out of the center position and pick up Wilkerson. I do wonder if McKinney played like S**t because of that nagging injury he had though. If we could get a muzzle to fit his mouth, what do you think of the fins picking up Incognito?

Richie Incognito

Official Bio College: Ex-Nebraska Height: 6-3
Position: Center Weight: 300
Class: Junior 40-Yard: 5.2
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Tremendous strength...Versatile and could project to OT, OG or C...Good athletic ability...Tough as nails...Productive college player...Great measurables in terms of size and speed.
Weaknesses: Has some major character concerns...Kicked off two teams in a very short period of time...Has a history of losing his temper both on and off the field...A major risk for any team that drafts him.
Notes: Future is very much up in the air...Has the tools and ability of a first day pick...Character will be heavily scrutinized and that will ultimately determine his pro future.

KB21 you are right on the money,when you look at the whole offence is that you can make a judgement on them as players, you have to take into consideration the lack of cohesive coaching to the whole group fromQB to OL etc.
All I ever read is talk about massive changes when in raelity what the team needs is leadership at the top level and a sound vision for the future.
If what I read about the conflict among the coaching staff is true then what can you expect from the players.
Bates in a short period of time got the team playing together I'm sure Saban will do more.
It's a shame we couldn't have a more inteligent exchange of ideas.
KB you are right

The biggest problem on the offensive line is LT, LG, C, RG, RT. Not necassarily in that order. :)

Back
Top Bottom