biggest weak link('s) right now is quite obvious | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

biggest weak link('s) right now is quite obvious

Dobbins, our Safety's in coverage, SPECIAL TEAMS, and at this point... Ricky Williams are all weak links imo.

1) Dobbins at ILB. Crowder is 10x the player Dobbins is, can't wait to see him back believe it or not.....

Agreed!!!!

2) WC - WC and Henning need to GTFOOOO. What pissed me off more? When Henne would throw 3 consecutive completions, Henning would call a WC, we'd lose 4 yards, camera would show Sparano LIVID at the play than they RUN THE WC AGAIN ON THE NEXT PLAY for a 2 yard gain!!!
I am frustrated with it as well, but I do not have any stats to back up my opinion.

3) Henning - I said it last year and I'll say it again, he is the downfall of this team and the reason is b/c his play calling is always erratic and stupid timing. Doesn't know what timing and "RIDE THE HOT HAND" means. He likes to ride the WC jock though.
Hmmm. Not a very convincing statement. I am not happy, but I am not ready to throw him to the wolves.

4) Henne could have scrambled to the right for a BIGGG gain but instead he scrambled up the middle for a 1 yd gain on 2nd and goal....

Henne frustrates me with his inconsistency. He slides right in the pocket to get room to complete a large gain, so you think he has matured. Next, he panics on the play you mention, and you see exactly why Parcell stated he was not as far along in his development as he hoped.

Henne frustrates me with his inconsistency. He slides right in the pocket to get room to complete a large gain, so you think he has matured. Next, he panics on the play you mention, and you see exactly why Parcell stated he was not as far along in his development as he hoped.

how is it panicking? he had a defender right behind him right about to nail him if he didn't run forward... he basically waited until the last possible instant for a receiver to get open, but it didn't happen... Carey's man got around the long way and was bearing down on him from behind...

Misi was replaced by Moses what seemed like A LOT last night... i dont have the profootballreference account, but id bet that Moses had more snaps than Misi did last night... i dont know why he was out there that much...

also our playcalling on defense was good i though, players just ****ed it up... i mean that last TD drive for the Jets when Braylon had that like 25 yard catch on 3rd and long they had double coverege called, Allen supposed to stay underneath with clemons helping over the top... if Allen just plays that right he would have picked that ball... PERFECT play call, bad execution... same thing on the 2nd TD to Keller... we doubled him, with Carpenter supposed to have inside protection, and runs himself too far outside and allows the TD... Nolan was calling the right plays i felt, but we just weren't executing right...

Moses played a lot last night and was marginal at best. He had trouble setting the edge a couple of times on some of the longer sweeps and was pretty bad in coverage. I remember specifically one time in particular that Keller was wide open because Moses got about a 10 yrd drop when he should have been 15-20yds Keller picks up 20-25 yds on a deep out. I really though Misi played much better when he was in there.

I think what this game showed is that we don't have a strong enough Dline to just rush 4. We had no pressure all night. We had no threat from our OLB's. That was disappointing. I thought Wake got handled yesterday and Misi and Moses were non factors as pass rushers.

If you look at our LB's - Dansby is a beast! Dobbins was absolutely horrible! He consistently took himself out of plays. Carpenter is too soft. We made a big push to revamp the LB spot but we basically paid fro Dansby and that is all we have right now. I guess NOW we all know why they have been waiting for Crowder to come back. It's not that he is that good but it's that what we have behind him is so bad.

We get ZERO big pays from our safeties. YBell was terrible last night. He made one good play on the pass break up near the goal line but missed too many plays and just doesn't come up with the BIG play. Same with Clemons. Sean Smith is no starting DB. He may wind up moving to safety after all. He couldn't cover the TE - how can he cover a legit WR.

Why is RW on the field so much? Ronnie Brown is a stud. It is so obvious when you watch the games. RB makes plays. Ricky falls to the ground whenever there is going to be contact. Everytime he touches the ball you think fumble. He stole that ball back under the pile and got lucky. I agree with earlier posts in saying get rid of this wildcat crap and play football. It had it's time but it's done. Henne was hot - ride his arm and run the ball with RB out of a normal offensive set.
I heard LP got hurt in the 3rd. Why do we have 3 TE's on the roster (2 of which they just signed as UFA) and we let that backup FB we had in camp (Roly L- can't remember his name). He was a bull. I'm sure that guy would block someone on ST's!!

Our power run game is ****. Can't eat clock for ****.

special teams needs to be added to the list. Cobbs was ok on kick returns, and didn't put us in a bad position. The kick coverage is horrible though.

I assume the Carpenter was brought in to help cover the TE Keller after he killed us the first quarter.
Everyone was really playing the Dobbins pickup at the beginning of the year and now maybe we can see why he was available for us to pickup. Carpenter is simply filling the hold created by the Edds injury.

4) Henne could have scrambled to the right for a BIGGG gain but instead he scrambled up the middle for a 1 yd gain on 2nd and goal. THAN Henne had an open Hartline middle of the end zone on 3rd and goal but instead of showing patience that great QB's have (awareness) he throws it to the sideline to Brown for like a 1 yd gain.

Henne is in his second year, so he panicked and did not see the open field to his right. With film study and more game experience he will be able to know when to tuck it and run and where he should do it.

I would have to see the tape again of this play. I know the Jets rushed 3 and dropped 8, so it may have been a tight window to get Hartline the ball. Besides, he had held the ball for like 4 seconds and then went to the checkdown.

I pretty much agree with the previus three statments.

I made a post about 2 weeks ago about this team needing Crowder and got flamed for it. He is key to our 3-4 defense. Cant have these mediocre LBs missing tackles.

w/e man he put up over 350 yards and had 2tds, he has 3game winning drives in about a season worth of starts. Its only his 2nd year starting, took Manning 3 years to be great. He also had someone in his face just about every time he went to throw. I personally liked his bomb to BM as he stepped up and drilled by Bart Scott. Hes got a lot of upside to him, and i think he proved it last night.

special teams needs a huge improvement. gave up a blocked punt and cobbs looks like he runs in slow motion. we need to get the ball past the 35 to be able to make better plays. not to mention carpenter kicking the ball out of bounds on a kickoff hurt big time.

special teams needs to be added to the list. Cobbs was ok on kick returns, and didn't put us in a bad position. The kick coverage is horrible though.
Special team play almost cost us this game alone. A blocked punt and a kickoff out of bounds are both costly and inexcusable. In addition coverage was not great and we did nothing to set us up with good field position.

Chill out everyone,
We are still in 1st place, and we have a shot to win all of our remaining games.
It sucks to lose to the Jets anywhere, but let's face it, they have better talent in some positions defensively than we do right now. We still rang them up like a pin ball machine.
Keller was a beast and we still have no answer for him. Sean Smith is useless, Keller is to big and quick for our LB's.
No pass rush. No sacks. Very little pressure on Douchechezz. Odrick could make a difference here.
The decision to not sign JT came back to hurt us(he is a difference maker even at his age-as he proved last night). Wake is no JT, he was easily blocked and sealed off on the sweeps.
We still played them to the end despite spotting them a 14 point lead.
The biggest impression I got from the game was that we did not come out of the gate with anger, fire, and a sense of urgency.
The Jets took it to us from the start and we finally woke up in the 2nd quarter.
Our special teams lack creativity and are nothing special. They are a liability and a concern in every game. If the blocking would have been better on that one punt, we might have won the game. It was a poor blocking scheme and Westhoff found the weakness, which they exploited. The coach must be replaced. Coach B is a bumm.
Lastly, Henning needs to scrap the WC when we play the Jets. Their run defense is just too good and the plays are wasted causing stalled drives. Henning can be brilliant, but more often he shoots us in the foot trying to get cute.
Let Henne air out the ball!!! We can score some points early and then let Ronnie and Hilliard (Ricky is done) pound the ball.

Back
Top Bottom