• linebackers

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • special teams

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What do you think our greatest need will be next year? Saban has obviously bolstered the defense this year with young players.

I think it will come down to either QBs or the secondary. This year is make it or break it for Feeley and we will have to see how well the secondary plays without Patrick Surtain.

Also, IF Frerotte beats out Feeley in training camp, and keeps the starting job all season, does that translate into a need at the QB position? We know Frerotte isnt the long term solution.

1A) QB (depends- if Feeley shows up, this becomes a strength.. duh)

1B) LT- lots of great ones in the next draft- Marcus McNeil, 6'9, 335 anyone?

I got to go Linebacker. Zach is getting old, Seau will be gone, Pope is Small, Eddie Moore and Crowder are promising, but not proven. D dont know a whole lot about Spragen, but from what I hear he is pretty average.

Dolfan1000 said:
1B) LT- lots of great ones in the next draft- Marcus McNeil, 6'9, 335 anyone?
6'9" 335lbs :eek: Sounds like Jonathan Ogden!

But as for what will be our biggest weakness after next season... In my opinion the biggest weakness for us will most likely be our QB situation unless Feeley has an Above Average or AMAZING season which I know better than to count on that happening. If poor performance and INT TD's continue this season, I think QB will be our #1 need.

I think we will go Heavy D (no pun intended) next year. i would like to see some good offensive pickups but I don't think we will unless we don't resign McMichael. I also think that chambers might rework his deal as well. Like so many others are sure to say. It all depends on the results of this year. remeber every single player is one hit away from retirement !!!!!

I got to go Offensive line, the QB nobody knows yet, we dont know what kind of offense they gonna install and how AJ will performe.

^^^ Yes, I concur.

But to answer about McNeil- Yes, that is monstrous size, and he is used to blocking for Ronnie- the Auburn connection!

Tight end will be extremely weak if McMike isn't re signed. I have a feeling that D-Mac is going to play a lot better this season. He's got Houck coaching him again and best of all, he's healthy. Hopefully Feeley works out but if not, qb will be the biggest need. With Madison getting older and Howard sucking, i'm sure Saban will be drafting another cb for the future to play along side Poole.

Jnaledu3 said:
Also, IF Frerotte beats out Feeley in training camp, and keeps the starting job all season, does that translate into a need at the QB position? We know Frerotte isnt the long term solution.
Yes, I also think if Frerotte beats out Feeley in training camp which could very well be the case... I do honestly think that, that translates into a need at the QB position. And you couldn't have said it any better yourself, because Frerotte isn't the long term answer. That doesn't mean whichever QB we draft or pick up next year is going to start right away. If Frerotte starts doing good he may very well end up being our start for a year or two and help groom a rookie franchise QB if that's the direction we would end up going in. So for all the reasons, I'm voting QB. Great poll.

McMike will be resigned. No doubt.

He is a key to this offense and Saban will soon realize it. He deserves every penny- he was a stud last year on a completely wretched offense.

have to say LB, especially if Saban starts mixing in some 3-4 schemes. If ZT and Seau are cap/age casualties then we'll have Crowder (suspect knees) Pope and Moore (too small for OLB in 3-4)
Of course Roth and Taylor may become OLBs in the 3-4, but there would be nobody to back them up.

The rest of our LBs are servicable, but just not starting material

We need to get Timbo and Chester's replacements soon. Especially Timbo. His back is toast and Chester can't stay healthy. We need a couple of big DT's next year. Maybe only one if Vickerson works out.

Back
Top Bottom