Biggest Win Since Thanksgiving 2003 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Win Since Thanksgiving 2003

yeah i was trying to think of the last time we've seen an all-out offensive performance like yesterday, and that was probably it. wow.

Not just in how impressive we looked, but how meaningful it was. It's early and we are still in this thing. In 2004 we were out of it beore we won a game. In 2005, we won most of our games at the end of the season. We were pretty much out of it when we got hot in 2006 and obviously we know what a joke last year was.
Now I suppose you could say Denver and Carlolina in 2005 were huge wins that year because it was early and we were still iin it, but yesterday was bigger.

Biggest as in point spread?

Because the biggest win over the past few years was definitely againt Bmore last year . . . and tho its not us, the Giants win in the Super Bowl was huge as well . . . for us.

But this was sweet . . Other games in recent memory (2000 and beyond)

2008: Dolphins throttle the Pats 38-13 . . snaps NE streak
2007: Dolphins get a WIN over Bmore, only win of season, in OT, ty Camarillo.
2006: Dolphins THROTTLE the Bears in Chicago after the Bye week, I think the bears were undefeated
2006: Dolphins shut out New England 21-0
2005: Dolphins slam the Broncos on opening day, start of the Saban era.
2005: Dolphins preserve victory over Carolina, 27-24 . . Schulters with the pick.
2005: Dolphins STORM back against Buffalo, Chambers has huge day . . Sage and Gus, 24-23.
2004: Maybe the most memorable . . the orange jerseys, at home, against New England . . AJ Feeley puts on his best performance as a fin. Jim Bates coaching, INT Brady to seal the deal.
2003: Thanksgiving Day - we beat up on the 'Boys . . . 40-21.
2002: Jay Fiedler earned EVERYBODY's respect with the performance he had against the Raiders, we should have been a playoff team that year.
2002: Monday night, a game that would never end, Olindo hit from I think 53 yards out and the Fins shock the Broncos in Denver . . Olindo had some great moments, maybe his finest right there.
2001: Jay vs. the Raiders, Jay was always special against them. He nearly blows the game, but had a final drive for the ages and then with seconds left dives into the endzone and the fins beat Oakland. It was gutsy as I don't think we had any timeouts left either, but that was Jay for u. First game AFTER September 11th I believe.
2001: Fins shut out eventual AFC Super Bowl rep Tennessee 17-0 at home . . Mr. Sam Madison, 3 picks . . . we were 7-1 I believe, memorable to me, because I went to this game. Monday Night.
2000: Lamar Smith, Wildcard weekend, Overtime, 200 yards rushing over the the Colts and Peyton Manning. Everyone remembers this.

Plenty of big games for Ricky in 2002/2003 and obviously the streak in 2005 have some great moments sprinkled in, but these are the great games since the 2000 season.

Because the biggest win over the past few years was definitely againt Bmore last year . . . and tho its not us, the Giants win in the Super Bowl was huge as well . . . for us.

2006: Dolphins THROTTLE the Bears in Chicago after the Bye week, I think the bears were undefeated
2005: Dolphins preserve victory over Carolina, 27-24 . . Schulters with the pick.
2005: Dolphins STORM back against Buffalo, Chambers has huge day . . Sage and Gus, 24-23.
2004: Maybe the most memorable . . the orange jerseys, at home, against New England . . AJ Feeley puts on his best performance as a fin. Jim Bates coaching, INT Brady to seal the deal.
2002: Jay Fiedler earned EVERYBODY's respect with the performance he had against the Raiders, we should have been a playoff team that year.
2000: Lamar Smith, Wildcard weekend, Overtime, 200 yards rushing over the the Colts and Peyton Manning. Everyone remembers this.
Nice. I would like to say for 2001, we had some pretty nice wins. Week 2 against the Raiders was big, and there was a comeback win we had at buffalo later in the year that was nice.

Nice. I would like to say for 2001, we had some pretty nice wins. Week 2 against the Raiders was big, and there was a comeback win we had at buffalo later in the year that was nice.

I'm gonna add that Raiders win, it slipped my mind, thanks.

I left out some of the wins from the streak in 2005
and obviously some of Ricky's performances in 2002 . . . these are the ones that really stick out and the Raiders win was one of them. Thanks

That 2003 game was fun to watch, was it Chambers who had a monster game that day?
Chubbs

Yeah Chambers had a huge day on Thanksgiving that year.
Also, those were some great victories over the years, but the thing that makes this game so much bigger is that we're still very much alive this season. We have the same record as AFC playoff picks Indy, Jacksonville, and probably both New York and San Diego so we are definitely still in it this season.
The big wins in the past few years were more spoiler wins (like San Diego in 05 and New England in 04.) It feels like the last time we had a huge victory that meant something in the standings was Thanksgiving in 2003. Before that, it was probably the win over the Raiders in 2002. That game was amazing. Didn't Jason Taylor have three sacks in the first series alone??

Yeah Chambers had a huge day on Thanksgiving that year.
Also, those were some great victories over the years, but the thing that makes this game so much bigger is that we're still very much alive this season. We have the same record as AFC playoff picks Indy, Jacksonville, and probably both New York and San Diego so we are definitely still in it this season.
The big wins in the past few years were more spoiler wins (like San Diego in 05 and New England in 04.) It feels like the last time we had a huge victory that meant something in the standings was Thanksgiving in 2003. Before that, it was probably the win over the Raiders in 2002. That game was amazing. Didn't Jason Taylor have three sacks in the first series alone??

U R probably right, we haven't had many games that have meant much since 2003 (the streak started when we had 7 losses in 2005), as far as trying to make the playoffs in concerned.

Hopefully we can win a few more and atleast have some sort of feeling of trying to sneak in the playoffs. I mean yea its only one game, but the powerhouses are down right now.

U gotta think San Diego will be fine, Denver looks like a playoff team . . . honestly, I think we gotta win the East, and with no Tom Brady, that looks possible. Buffalo is off to a good start, but we play them twice. We just gotta take it one week at a time and be competitive, that is the most important thing. We played ball yesterday, and u can win every week if u play like we played yesterday.

U R probably right, we haven't had many games that have meant much since 2003 (the streak started when we had 7 losses in 2005), as far as trying to make the playoffs in concerned.

Hopefully we can win a few more and atleast have some sort of feeling of trying to sneak in the playoffs. I mean yea its only one game, but the powerhouses are down right now.

U gotta think San Diego will be fine, Denver looks like a playoff team . . . honestly, I think we gotta win the East, and with no Tom Brady, that looks possible. Buffalo is off to a good start, but we play them twice. We just gotta take it one week at a time and be competitive, that is the most important thing. We played ball yesterday, and u can win every week if u play like we played yesterday.

i dont read too much into the bills yet they have had an easy schedule so far, when they beat a good team then give them some more props...ill give us props if we can take out the bolts in week 5...as for now i think the east is really up for grabs

2001: Jay vs. the Raiders, Jay was always special against them. He nearly blows the game, but had a final drive for the ages and then with seconds left dives into the endzone and the fins beat Oakland. It was gutsy as I don't think we had any timeouts left either, but that was Jay for u. First game AFTER September 11th I believe.

Lets not forget at Denver in 2002(2001 maybe?), the game that would not end, the offense of either team could not be stopped. 60 yard field goal in overtime by Olindo-matic Mare to end a fine Monday night.

Lets not forget at Denver in 2002(2001 maybe?), the game that would not end, the offense of either team could not be stopped. 60 yard field goal in overtime by Olindo-matic Mare to end a fine Monday night.

Yes this was 2002 and a great mention, I will add this one as well . . . what a crazy game . . . I think that was the game Chambers got hurt in as well . . . the head hunting hit from the Denver safety . . I could be wrong tho.

Raiders or the Denver game in 2002 were good ones. To me, this was a better win over the Pats than our game in 2004 on the Monday Nighter.

Fantastic win against NE. I can't say it enough.

everyone seems to forget the 2006 win at chicago...bears hadnt lost a game that whole year and we had what 0 wins or was it one? either way i was at the game and the bear fans were talking about killing themselves...haha

Back
Top Bottom