Bill Belichick hates thought of preparing for Jason Taylor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichick hates thought of preparing for Jason Taylor

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Had things worked out differently, Jason Taylor could have been enjoying this bounce-back season for the New England Patriots instead of his hometown Miami Dolphins.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who heavily recruited Taylor during his free-agency period in the spring, certainly was complimentary of the Dolphins' resurgent outside linebacker during a Wednesday conference call with South Florida media.

"Scooped up a fumble, ran it back for a touchdown [Sunday against the Jets]," Belichick said. "We have seen that a couple times around here before. That was a familiar sight, one I hope we don't see this weekend."

Asked what it is like to game plan for Taylor when he is capable of playing stand-up linebacker or as a down lineman in the Dolphins' nickel package, Belichick didn't hesitate.

"It's not fun," the three-time Super Bowl winning coach said. "I think he showed great pass-rushing ability against Buffalo [season-high 2 ½ sacks]. He had a big rush there, a strip sack against New Orleans, so he's shown what he's always had, which is great speed at the edge.

"Speed to power, and then an inside move off his speed move, and those tackles get running and worry about the edge and then he beats them on the up-and-under and speed to power."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-pats-jt-110909,0,4960261.story

JT IS BACK!!!

AND GETTING IT DONE!

I love how he spiked the ball on the Jets logo too

"Speed to power, and then an inside move off his speed move, and those tackles get running and worry about the edge and then he beats them on the up-and-under and speed to power."

for those who are wondering why it's hard to find pass rushers, and why wake and moses aren't fully develloped yet, read this on and on... and on

There's a huge difference between being able to play defensive end (or OLB, whatever), and knowing how to.

Moses, wake, gholston, etc. they have all the physical tools, but when you watch jason taylor, you watch an artist, this guy knows how to work inside an OT's mind, and technically, he can do whatever move he wants to get after the quarterback. The best part of all this is, jason isn't even that big... it just tells you how much important technique and experience is at that position.

jason taylor is the most cerebral defensive end i've seen in my life and that's probably why i enjoy watching him so much

Back
Top Bottom