Bill Cowher away from the game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher away from the game.

pgfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I have coached football for 23 of the last 27 years. Not at the NFL level but that doesn't matter.The years I didn't coach taught me so much. Going to camps, having the time to talk with other coaches and players was incredible. I have never walked on to a football field and not learnt something new. I think the time Cowher has spent on T.V and prepping for it as well as talking to other former coaches and analysts could be invaluable. If one is willing to learn the game will never pass you by.

Cowher = Head Coach
Marino = GM

Yes.

I am one that would LOVE to see Marino with the team. Only if his heart was really in it though. But man could you imagine.....there is noone with more passion and desire to win than #13. He would NEVER put up with having a QB that wasn't on top of the game and I could see him on the sideline pacing during the game. I don't ever see it happening, but I am all for having a beloved Dolphin legend as our GM......especially one that does not accept failure.

The thing is in the NFl the game changes so quickly, it's only been 4 years but that's like dog years in the NFL. It's a long time he's been away- will he have success? I don't doubt it for a second, he'll be successful but will be it Pitt successful or will it be Parcells dallas type of success?

I'm not particularly a fan of Gruden but have maintained that he'll be a better coach also since afforded the opportunity to clinically and objectively glimpse the forest from the trees. If Cowher took a sabbatical to live with the Tibetan monks on a hillside, it wouldn't necessarily be helpful, but sharing information, evaluating play and post-play with peers from a broadcast booth keeps him intellectually-engaged and up to date with contemporary paradigms for success. BC will be just fine, if not even better off for now having an unemotional and detached overview.

I'm not particularly a fan of Gruden but have maintained that he'll be a better coach also since afforded the opportunity to clinically and objectively glimpse the forest from the trees. If Cowher took a sabbatical to live with the Tibetan monks on a hillside, it wouldn't necessarily be helpful, but sharing information, evaluating play and post-play with peers from a broadcast booth keeps him intellectually-engaged and up to date with contemporary paradigms for success. BC will be just fine, if not even better off for now having an unemotional and detached overview.

If Bill is going to be the head coach, then I'm hoping his time as an analyst has made him realize that the key to winning in the NFL is no longer based around the running game. It is based around the passing game.

The thing is in the NFl the game changes so quickly, it's only been 4 years but that's like dog years in the NFL. It's a long time he's been away- will he have success? I don't doubt it for a second, he'll be successful but will be it Pitt successful or will it be Parcells dallas type of success?

It's not like he's been holed up in a cabin ice fishing for 4 years...dude still has his finger on the pulse of the NFL as much as he ever has. If he knew all along he was going to return to coaching, I am sure in these last 4 years he has been contemplating things he would have done better in PITT if he had to do it over again. This is just as if not more plausible than your scenario.

I wonder if Marino is encouraging Cowher to coach his former team.

I was watching the Dan Patrick show yesterday morning.
DP mentioned that a couple people he knows have said that Gruden and Cowher are quietly spreading the word they're looking to coach next season.
He then went on to say that on the set of CBS Sports 'The NFL Today' Bill Cowher had been saying to his co-hosts that he was ready to come back, and Dan has been lobbying for him to turn Miami around.

Take it for what it's worth, but Dan Patrick never throws anything out there that he doesn't trust 0.
He's the Host of NBC Sunday Night Football, so I'm sure he has an in on most of the other NFL shows & hosts.
Not to mention he often has these guys on his daily Raido/TV show.

13, keep on selling him, I myself would love to see 'The Chin' on our sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom