Bill Cowher's Future In Doubt After Loss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher's Future In Doubt After Loss

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
A day after his Pittsburgh Steelers lost to the Baltimore Ravens 31-7, coach Bill Cowher's future with the NFL franchise was in serious doubt.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Cowher, who has the longest tenure of any current NFL coach, may soon be unemployed after his Steelers were officially eliminated from playoff contention with Sunday's loss to the Ravens.

Steelers owner Dan Rooney commented on the state of his team as it approaches its season finale next week with the Cincinnati Bengals.

"The players? Yeah," Rooney explained regarding the future of his current 7-8 team. "We need some players, obviously, but I think we're going to be able to get some."

Yet those comments were cut short when Rooney was asked about the possible future of his team's coach since 1992.

"I have nothing to say about that at this time," he responded.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/12/26/bill-cowhers-future-in-doubt-after-loss/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playfuls.com%2Fnews_0000004858_Bill_Cowhers_Future_In_Doubt_After_Loss.html&frame=true

Wait a minute, Cowher's head could be one the chopping block one year after winning the Steelers the Super Bowl? Wow.

I'm pretty sure Cowher is gone. I've thought that all season. I believe he has (for a while now) been in order to receive a large incentive bonus or something that and the Steelers aren't willing to dish it out. Interestingly enough, CFT (PFT's sister site) reported a couple of months ago that Wannstedt is favored amongst ownership to take over their team.

Cowher has also said that he'd like to take a year off and spend some time with his family and that maybe he'd reevaluate things after that.

Cowher is too young to retire. I think he will just step down for a year....work as a commentator on ESPN or the NFL network and then wait for the big job offers to come in the following year.

Cowher is too young to retire. I think he will just step down for a year....work as a commentator on ESPN or the NFL network and then wait for the big job offers to come in the following year.

Isn't he in his late 50s?

Cower's 49. He's got plenty of years left whether it's with the Steelers or a few years down the line with a different team. I think he returns but that's just me!

I'm pretty sure Cowher is gone. I've thought that all season. I believe he has (for a while now) been in order to receive a large incentive bonus or something that and the Steelers aren't willing to dish it out. Interestingly enough, CFT (PFT's sister site) reported a couple of months ago that Wannstedt is favored amongst ownership to take over their team.

Cowher has also said that he'd like to take a year off and spend some time with his family and that maybe he'd reevaluate things after that.
:eek: If Rooney feels that Wanny's an upgrade over Cowher.....:shakeno:

omg i would love if wanny took over pitt.......O PLEASE HAHAHAHAH my god...i would talk so much **** to my friend!

Back
Top Bottom