Bill Lazor Fired | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

I think audibles will help but I also believe it needs to be effective when done. It's also a little overblown about the lack of audibles. I remember Romo audibled three times against us and each time it was a death blow. Hopefully Tannehill can figure it out.

That statement there is telling. It's pretty clear Lazor was on an ego trip.
“I think if coordinators are getting fired then, ... to some extent, players are not getting it done,” Tannehill said. “I think Bill had some good stuff, had a good offense and ultimately we weren’t getting it done on the field.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article47619105.html#storylink=cpy

I think audibles will help but I also believe it needs to be effective when done. It's also a little overblown about the lack of audibles. I remember Romo audibled three times against us and each time it was a death blow. Hopefully Tannehill can figure it out.

well you only want to audible when you see a bad look...a lot of that 'kill" calls you hear is just trying to throw off the defense and they stick with the call...but if you CAN"T check out regardless of what the d shows you BY OFFENSIVE SCHEME even well that's a real problem period but if you let teams match personnel and dial up things and you show a lot of the same tendencies then you are royally in a uphill climb

The good news is he is gone. The bad news is Zack Taylor is his replacement :bobdole:

This is certainly RT's offense now. Should be interesting to watch.

This offense Sunday will be so prehistoric and basic. Be careful what you ask for. I know the offense was bad before, but Taylor is completely over his skis.

Tannehill is going to have a ton of questions to answer if the offense is even worse under Taylor.

tanny will have some input on what they run which may help but there still wont be any audibles...the play calls will come in from the sideline like they have all year minus the read option bubble looks...that means all the pass drops all the rb and tight end screens etc all from the sideline

you may get more under center or more run game emphasis but the qb is still neutered other than he's got some input in what will be in the gameplan these last 5 weeks...and not facing the afc east but once should help

if he audibles one time i'll take a month long vaca which will make a lot of peoples day I think...

Listened to Jason Taylor today on Sirius radio. My impressions of his comments were.....

- He had no idea what Lazor was doing. He kept emphasizing that we threw the ball 59 times vs. the Jets and only ran it 9 times. He kept saying it over and over again.
- Seemed to think Taylor would do ok calling plays, and expected it to be run heavy
- Seemed to suggest that there has been talk around Davie that their offensive didn't allow for a lot of things NFL offenses normally allow.
- Thought Lazor did a good job last year....and kept emphasizing last year.

Honestly, I think he is embarrassed by the entire episode.

Listened to Jason Taylor today on Sirius radio. My impressions of his comments were.....

- He had no idea what Lazor was doing. He kept emphasizing that we threw the ball 59 times vs. the Jets and only ran it 9 times. He kept saying it over and over again.
- Seemed to think Taylor would do ok calling plays, and expected it to be run heavy
- Seemed to suggest that there has been talk around Davie that their offensive didn't allow for a lot of things NFL offenses normally allow.
- Thought Lazor did a good job last year....and kept emphasizing last year.

Honestly, I think he is embarrassed by the entire episode.

audibles

The funny thing is the offense wasn't even that bad relatively speaking. For this century 2008 and 2014 are tied for our best offense rankings at 8th overall and being ranked 16th in 2015 would still be our fourth highest ranking of the century, and Lazor has statistically been our best offensive coordinator over the last few decades. The bottom line is the team is bad, especially the defense and Lazor was the last remaining scapegoat from the Philbin regime.

The funny thing is the offense wasn't even that bad relatively speaking. For this century 2008 and 2014 are tied for our best offense rankings at 8th overall and being ranked 16th in 2015 would still be our fourth highest ranking of the century, and Lazor has statistically been our best offensive coordinator over the last few decades. The bottom line is the team is bad, especially the defense and Lazor was the last remaining scapegoat from the Philbin regime.

I agree for the most part. I think the offensive stats this season are inflated for two reasons:

1. Two huge games
2. Some garbage time stats

Last season, IMO, the offense was more consistent. I think the play calling is the primary reason why. I can't understand how Lazor got so lopsided.

Are you finally ready to admit that Philbin was an abject failure and has no business being a head coach ever again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom