Bill Lazor Fired | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

Listened to Jason Taylor today on Sirius radio. My impressions of his comments were.....

- He had no idea what Lazor was doing. He kept emphasizing that we threw the ball 59 times vs. the Jets and only ran it 9 times. He kept saying it over and over again.
- Seemed to think Taylor would do ok calling plays, and expected it to be run heavy
- Seemed to suggest that there has been talk around Davie that their offensive didn't allow for a lot of things NFL offenses normally allow.
- Thought Lazor did a good job last year....and kept emphasizing last year.

Honestly, I think he is embarrassed by the entire episode.

Based on everything I've read and heard, reading between the lines I think Lazor bought into the hype that he could be an NFL coach after this year and got the "Smartest Man in the Room" attitude going. It's happened to a couple coordinators before and instead of calling plays they would in the past, they tried to show off how awesome their schemes are. Lazor had a rep of being difficult to deal with at times last year, but sounds like this year was "my way or highway"

How frustrated were Dolphins players about the shackles dismissed coordinator Bill Lazor placed on them, not allowing Ryan Tannehill to change plays to ones he hadn’t pre-approved?

One called it problematic, noting times that Tannehill wanted to get “us out of bad plays” and Lazor wouldn’t let him. That will now change, at least to an extent, under Zac Taylor.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ed-with-richts-hiring-dolphins-heat-marl.html

Time for the players to step up. They did not like Coyle. They did not like Joe. They did not like Lazor. Time to put up or shut up.

We have plummeted in Football Outsiders offensive stats after hovering between 10-16 under Lazor we are now in the bottom ten at 23rd after just one week of whoever is making the gameplans now.

Back
Top Bottom