Bill Parcells is the reason we are in this mess | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells is the reason we are in this mess

Not signing D.Brees or drafting A.Rodgers is the reason we're in this miss. BP came to a mess and didn't clean it up but clearly the mess was already here!

He cleaned up a lot of the mess. He did not solve the QB problem. That is not a complete failure. It will stop us from becoming a playoff team, but he did rebuild the core of the team.

We are a better team now than we were before Parcells arrived.

That being said, he did not deliver on his promises and left this organization holding the bag.

I actually do not remember any promises he made. Can you remind me of the promises he made?

What does that have to do with the talent level of the team? Nothing! As for Dan Henning, I am not a Dan Henning fan. He was not a bad option at the time he was hired. It was time to move on last year. That does not change the fact that the team is significantly better than the 1-15 2007 team.

The TUNA ran it all, the talent, who was coaching etc. It's his fault why this team went 7-9 this year, that's why he bailed. Just with Pat White alone, he knew how badly he messed up and it was time to leave so some ppl will place the blame every where but on him.

As far as there being more talent here, of course. You are comparing a 1-15 team to a 7-9 team, kinda seems logical to me.

The main point about Dan Henning is, a lot of ppl think he is why the offense took 3 steps back compared to the offense from the 2009 season. The TUNA hired him, so that's where I place the blame.

He cleaned up a lot of the mess. He did not solve the QB problem. That is not a complete failure. It will stop us from becoming a playoff team, but he did rebuild the core of the team.

That's my point, people are blaming BP for this mess but we were a mess before and he just didn't finish the job. We're not in a mess because of him, we may be better off but clearly not there yet.

I actually do not remember any promises he made. Can you remind me of the promises he made?

How about the promise to work the length of his contract?
Pulling up stakes early because we have new ownership is a BS excuse.

Parcells did a lot to improve this roster, but he left before the job was completed even though he was still under contract. That to me, is a broken promise.

The TUNA ran it all, the talent, who was coaching etc. It's his fault why this team went 7-9 this year, that's why he bailed.

Exactly! He deserves recognition that he did a good enough job to restock a devoid talent base to a consistent 7-9 team. That is an accomplishment, and it is not trivial. People are not giving him the credit that he deserves. Clearly, he is getting the well deserved criticism for leaving early and failing to build a playoff team. I just get annoyed that people only tell one side of the story.

Exactly! He deserves recognition that he did a good enough job to restock a devoid talent base to a consistent 7-9 team. That is an accomplishment, and it is not trivial. People are not giving him the credit that he deserves. Clearly, he is getting the well deserved criticism for leaving early and failing to build a playoff team. I just get annoyed that people only tell one side of the story.

Any good that took place IMO was Ireland and Sprano. The TUNA is nothing but hype IMO. Always was always will be.

We've got a guy across town who's a contemporary of Parcells, another legendary "name," and someone who's accomplished even more than Tuna including a helluva lot more recently. Overall his record was more successful as a coach and certainly even moreso as a general manager/chief executive than The Tuna with every team with which he's been associated - and unlike Bill and his instability and penchant for leaving a job undone, there were only 3 organizations.

Of course I'm giving props to Pat Riley who recently magically pulled off, what none of his peers tried but were unable to do: the most amazing free agent signing season in the history of the league. Thankfully the Miami area has a legitimate and classy champion-maker who's not a half-azzed hired gun and who knows how to stay the course.

xni4p2-1.jpg

While there is no arguing Parcells was a good coach, I always thought he was over rated by the media. He won those 2 superbowls mainly because of Belichick's defense. Parcells never won the big one without Bilichick on his staff.

He came down here, improved the team, but left us in the same spot that JJ did when he bailed. He left us with a bunch of his personal puppets to run the team. JJ left us with his puppet Wanny, and Parcells leaves us a bonus with 2 of his puppets in Ireland and Sparano, who I believe are both in over their heads with their positions.

Parcells did more positive things for this team than negatives. Sure he didnt hit on every draft pick, no one does. He missed on Wilson, plus a couple of FA in Groves & Smiley, but they were injury related rather than poor play, so it's not really the FO to blame. But he did hit on Bess, Long, Misi, Dansby, Marshall, Hartline to a point, plus a couple others. Without his guidance we would be picking in the 1st 5 picks for the past few years.

People expected superbowls, playoffs etc. I expected improvement from 1-15. We got that. A big improvement IMO.

Parcells did more positive things for this team than negatives. Sure he didnt hit on every draft pick, no one does. He missed on Wilson, plus a couple of FA in Groves & Smiley, but they were injury related rather than poor play, so it's not really the FO to blame. But he did hit on Bess, Long, Misi, Dansby, Marshall, Hartline to a point, plus a couple others. Without his guidance we would be picking in the 1st 5 picks for the past few years.

People expected superbowls, playoffs etc. I expected improvement from 1-15. We got that. A big improvement IMO.

he drafted chad bum henne and pat i suck white, end of story he sucks.

he drafted chad bum henne and pat i suck white, end of story he sucks.

That is a very ignorant comment. That is only two busts in three drafts. The fact thY you state only two means you do not understand the draft.

Back
Top Bottom