Bill Parcells quote | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells quote

tay0365 said:
Well Parcells has never really been that great a game day coach, so, maybe fans do know better then him. :D

According to who?

Say it 10 times real fast and maybe it'll be true!

He is well respected in the coaching community as one of the best head coaches in recent history. He has years of training and has excelled at the highest level. It takes alot more knowledge and skill to achieve what he has than it does to work at McDonalds or Wal Mart.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
One big difference.Henson has the goods and is worth waiting for growing pains.Feeley is a third string QB and will always be that.Lets give Sage a chance.Imagine how we will feel if Sage moves on to another team next year and he starts.

I will go on record now and say Feeley will be a better NFL QB than Henson. That doesn't mean Feeley will be great as I think he'll be a competent QB BUT I don't think henson will be anything special in the NFL. I didn't think he'd be a great QB when he was at Mich and I certainly don't think so now after he took 3 years off.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
One big difference.Henson has the goods and is worth waiting for growing pains.Feeley is a third string QB and will always be that.Lets give Sage a chance.Imagine how we will feel if Sage moves on to another team next year and he starts.
Say dude,..... this thread started as, "Bill Parcells quote" , a post about Bill parcells!!! And then you bring up Feeley?:confused: Where do you see Feeley's name anywhere in the 1st post of this thread!?!!?:lol:

You need to get over yourself. and get off someone's jock strap, that someone, whos only played 3 games! I mean what do you expect? For Feeley to come right in and pull another Marino, and light up the score-board???:roflmao:

DOLFANMIKE said:
Yeah. You got it. All of us fans have the real perspective and guys like Parcells haven't got a clue. He's just lost!

:rolleyes:

Have you seen his latest press conferences, he looks like he cant figure out what is wrong. Hence LOST!!!

As far as him being a great coach, he is 5-10 in his last 15 games going into last season. The Jets had an assistant coach named.....what was it oh yeah Belichek, and Dallas has lost 3 or 4 games by 20+ since he took over. Im not saying he's not a good coach but he isnt what he gets credit for!

xXxpHiN34 said:
Say dude,..... this thread started as, "Bill Parcells quote" , a post about Bill parcells!!! And then you bring up Feeley?:confused: Where do you see Feeley's name anywhere in the 1st post of this thread!?!!?:lol: :
It was :topic:

xXxpHiN34 said:
You need to get over yourself. and get off someone's jock strap, that someone, whos only played 3 games! I mean what do you expect? For Feeley to come right in and pull another Marino, and light up the score-board???:roflmao:
:yeahthat:

Parcells still has hope for this season as opposed to the miami who can give feely a chance to play. I don't think Dallas is going anywhere so it makes sense to give Henson a chance to get experiance. Parcells is probably afraid if Henson doesn't play well that the fans will get to Henson and destroy is confidence. One thing nice about having your season over so soon is that all the youngsters can play without the pressure of always having to win.

DOLFANMIKE said:
According to who?

Say it 10 times real fast and maybe it'll be true!

He is well respected in the coaching community as one of the best head coaches in recent history. He has years of training and has excelled at the highest level. It takes alot more knowledge and skill to achieve what he has than it does to work at McDonalds or Wal Mart.
Really?.....

Point #1 (The short point)

Parcells has never won without Belichek, yet Bilichek has been as successful or more without Parcells.

Point #2 (The long point)

He took on a Giants team that was already a playoff team, and had a HOF quality LB (on a Defense that was loaded already with many stars) that could single handedly control a game. Had a losing season his 1st year, butdid go to 2 superbowls... Won 1, was given another. This team was Parcell's most successful team. The Parcells leaves because of health reason, very conveniently after just barely beating the Bills, and since his player are getting old, and in order to go back to the playoffs, he was going to have to prove what kind of a game day coach he really was, he retired.

He goes to the Patriots, makes them semi successful, but does show to be a bit up and down (in 4 years- 2 bad years...2 good years), never actually getting close of doing much in the playoffs, until his final year where a player he did not want in the 1st place (Terry Glenn), has an awesome year for a rookie, and again a player single handedly for Parcells takes his team to the Superbowl...where they lose. (If Pacells had had his way, they would have drafted a DT instead of Glenn, and odds are, would never have gotten even close to the superbowl). Parcells decides to leave because he did not have the control he wanted (Even though the decision to take Glenn rather then the DT was a good one, he did not like being told by an owner who he should and should not take), and also he knew that there is no way he was going back to the superbowl.

He leaves for the Jets, and in 3 years there he has one great season (A season where his team was playing a last place schedule), and two mediocre seasons. After having an 8-8 season, he decided that it was time to bail out yet again, rather then show how great he was, and retired again.

Takes a Job with the Cowboys that surprise...surprise, are playing a last place schedule, are a high profile team, which allows him the luxury to say if they do not succeed, that they were not that good, or if they play better then expected with an easier then normal schedule, he shows what a genius he is.....ends up winning as many games in an easier division then the Dolphin Coach, who was not considered as great as him, and had to quit this.

This year with a 1st place schedule, where he can prove that he really is as good as advertised, his team looks like doggie dung.

I don't think Parcells is a bad coach, in fact I think he is very good coach (Great motivator), but he is not even close to being a HOF coach.....Belichek looks to be one.

Back
Top Bottom