Bill Polian and ESPN suck! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian and ESPN suck!

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40525/bill-polian-advocates-vikings-dolphins-trade

I never liked the Bills of the 90's, and I don't care if the guy was a great GM! And frankly, I don't watch the Disney network! So to **** they can both go!

But what I wanna know is when did this organization begin to allow this type of BS media scrutiny? You literally have an ex.GM fresh out the luxury suites now on board with the mouse trap channel calling out another franchise and for all intents and purposes trying to tell them how to conduct their draft and business. The audacity! This is simply classless and just doesn't sit well with me.

Man, it's time to put our foot down and say screw you! Each individual that is apart, whether it be a financial stake or interest position higher up, professional athlete on payroll, a vendor in the concession stands, or a die-hard fan of this illustrious team, we all as a collective group have to finally stop the **** bleeding. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS! Be proud and stand up! Shake the haters and remind them who we are... the only team to go undefeated in a single season in NFL history.

Giving up our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up to the 3rd overall pick with Minnesota to select Ryan Tannehill is just not worth it. Especially when you consider that it would be a reach to select him 8th overall in the draft in the first place. Listen, I like the kid. He has tremendous potential and upside, but given that it'll at least be 2 years to get him "NFL ready"... the cost outweighs the reward...IMO.

Heck, if we're as terrible as everyone seems to think we'll be this season, we'll fall flat on our faces, go 1-15 (if things go according to "their" plan... you know we're not good in those situations), and we'll end up having the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft in which we would assumably select Matt Barkley from USC.

But I happen to think Matt Moore is better than that. We all are! So here here to a turn around season and a return to greatness for our beloved Miami Dolphins. :brewskis:

^^^^^^^^^ Don't mind loud mouth up there!

I'm all for picking the quaterback with the 8th pick. Just don't wanna move up.

Or is it that Jeff Ireland is our GM and is the punching bag of the league? So its ok to call him out?

Am I missing something here because that seems totally unfair to me?

Or is it that Jeff Ireland is our GM and is the punching bag of the league? So its ok to call him out?

Am I missing something here because doesn't that seem totally unfair to you?

Yeah, because Polian has done such a great job the last few yrs re-stocking that Colts roster. He is clearly above reproach

The Saints GM should be the flavor of the month. And if not him, than the NYJ's GM should be.

People shouldn't listen to the talking heads at ESPN. Most are heavily biased with the East Coast teams (NYG/NYJ/NE).

Extending Sanchita was a great move all the while bringing in Teblow. Not to mention the past few drafts for the Jets have been terrible. As for NO and the fact that GM allowed his franchise QB to reach a upcoming season w/o a deal. Thats some good **** there. But those talking heads have the Phins to make fun of right now. But it really shouldn't be surprising. You have faux fans 'Occupying' Phins HQ and every media person in MIA taking turns on the dump Ireland bandwagon.

Yeah, because Polian has done such a great job the last few yrs re-stocking that Colts roster. He is clearly above reproach

Well i will agree his latest work inst grand he did build two damn good franchises in Indy and Buffalo which is more than Ireland has done in his last two stops

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Also I dont want us to trade up just saying i dont agree

Well i will agree his latest work inst grand he did build two damn good franchises in Indy and Buffalo which is more than Ireland has done in his last two stops

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Also I dont want us to trade up just saying i dont agree
He did all that and got 1 superbowl. Not to mention 4 straight superbowl defeats. Horrible!

The day we see ireland with a SB ring and a track record to match Polian's over the last 20 years, you can say that. Until then, that is very flawed. I will happily take Polian in that matchup any day and twice on Sunday.

Polian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ireland

He did all that and got 1 superbowl. Not to mention 4 straight superbowl defeats. Horrible!

You do realize we havent won a superbowl in 4 decades. I guess Peyton manning is a horrible qb because he won only one superbowl.

You do realize we havent won a superbowl in 4 decades. I guess Peyton manning is a horrible qb because he won only one superbowl.
Not so fast! We were and are discussing Bill Polian and his franchise building skills. Don't invoke Peyton Manning's name in the discussion. By horrible I mainly was referring to (in proper context if you read my reply over) the Buffalo Bills debacle in the early 90's.

Nice try though!

Peyton only reached one superbowl because Polian surrounded him with complete garbage talent. With Peyton they are in the playoffs. Without they are ****ing the bottom of the league.

If Ireland had Peyton he'd be looked at as a genius GM

Not so fast! We were and are discussing Bill Polian and his franchise building skills. Don't invoke Peyton Manning's name in the discussion. By horrible I mainly was referring to (in proper context if you read my reply over) the Buffalo Bills debacle in he early 90's.

Nice try though!

he built a team that went to 4 superbowls loaded with some hof talent . prob one of best teams ever just couldnt win the big one

Peyton only reached one superbowl because Polian surrounded him with complete garbage talent. With Peyton they are in the playoffs. Without they are ****ing the bottom of the league.

If Ireland had Peyton he'd be looked at as a genius GM

Hmm Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Dwight Clark, Robert Mathis,Bob Sanders

Ireland could have Bill Gates feeding him lines and still seem like Swingblade guy. I mean seriously Those players were not garabage in fact thats alot of pro bowls
Irleand has been in the league awhile and has yet to help any team draft any stud qb.

Back
Top Bottom