Bill Polian: 'Take Todd Gurley and don't look back' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian: 'Take Todd Gurley and don't look back'

I think choosing between Parker and Gurley would be insanely difficult.
Parker = position of need (kind of; Jennings makes it less critical). Don't see him being a top 5 player at his position, but see him being very good. Potentially a probowl player (maybe).
Gurley = not really a need position. But definite potential to be top 5 at his position and perennial probowl player. This guy could end up being the best runningback in football. I just don't see that kind of talent in Parker. Not with the inability to create seperation.

Every time I start to feel ok with Gurley, i just remind myself of the long list of terrible 1st rnd running backs over the years, and I say no thank you. Let's not make that mistake.

Not to mention Gurley has been hurt basically every year while Brees was hurt once

I really try to disagree with dlockz on anything! Believe me. BUT, if what he says about Mr.Gurley is true? Then you can't draft him. I assumed this was his first major injury but if he's had a history of such things so far..Then you CANT do it!

That's TOO MUCH Risk/Reward

I really try to disagree with dlockz on anything! Believe me. BUT, if what he says about Mr.Gurley is true? Then you can't draft him. I assumed this was his first major injury but if he's had a history of such things so far..Then you CANT do it!

That's TOO MUCH Risk/Reward

Its the first injury that made him miss any games. He has been nicked up before sure but i don't forsee a pattern. Especially when this is the first injury

Step 1) Gurley in the 1st Step 2) Dorsett in the 2nd Step 3)print playoff tickets

If you've watched him play, he has everything you could want from a RB. Toughness, speed. As long as he's healthy, he is going to be a top 5 player at his position.

Question for the "Gurley Men." IF we take him, would you trade Miller, considering that he is a FA next year?
No! Depth is something you want... If you always trade players as soon as you upgrade them... You will never achieve anything in a game with so many injuries...

Never understood the fascination with taking Brown that high. Let me see you are the second best back on your college team and we use the second pick in draft on you.

Yeah, that was my introduction to this site. I was going nuts. A poster named KB21 was pushing hardest for Ronnie Brown, calling him the best all around back. I didn't care about that. All-around is a crutch excuse for lacking special qualities.

The problem with Ronnie Brown was that he violated all logic: A 5th year senior running back can't be a truly great player, worthy of the second pick, basically by definition. Running backs don't redshirt without injury excuse, as Brown did, if they are elite talents. Elite running backs play three seasons and then turn pro while the legs are young. Brown was turning pro at 23, almost 24. His resume in itself told you what he was.

Of course, I was new here so that type of big picture analysis wasn't appreciated, compared to using the word tape 47 times in one paragraph. I'm not sure it's appreciated now but I'm not going to change. Do the right thing and let the percentages work in your favor.

If we wanted to restore an identity, I preferred Cadillac Williams. He was a true feature back. This site was in agony early their rookie seasons when Cadillac was earning lots of carries and gobbling up meaningful chunks for Tampa Bay. It reminded me of the denial toward Russell Wilson years later. But in Cadillac's case the haters got what they wanted with serious injuries and inevitable decline. No guarantee that would have happened here. Regardless, I would say Cadillac injury-free had an opportunity to be far beyond anything all-around Ronnie ever was.

The memories toward Aaron Rodgers aren't perfect. Early that offseason there was lots of push in Rodgers' direction. ckparrothead really liked him. He didn't turn away but the board as a whole certainly did. There wasn't nearly the preference for Rodgers late in the process as 2 or 3 months earlier, right after I joined. But once Rodgers became a superstar then conventional wisdom conveniently allows everybody to assert that they wanted Aaron Rodgers.

NY, you nailed it!!!! That's the first and second I've been dreaming about!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very concerned about Gurley's health, and to some degree I still am, but he's only 20 years old and has been checked and deemed on his way to complete health. Dorsett is a great playmaker, takes the top off the D like Wallace and is going to be like TY Hilton, only in a Dolphin uniform, I hope!!!!!!!

Question for the "Gurley Men." IF we take him, would you trade Miller, considering that he is a FA next year?

Not a chance. For one Gurley will be given time into the season to fully recover and secondly we all saw what happened with Moreno last year.

Back
Top Bottom