Bill Pollian - "Edge WON'T be franchised" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Pollian - "Edge WON'T be franchised"

Pope Shula XIV

EDDSified!
Reaction score
Joe Theismann just announced that he spoke with Bill Pollian tonight and he said that contrary to Chris Mortensen's report Edgerrin James will not be franchised.

It never made sense to me that they could afford to pay the Edge at that level. They gave Manning a boat load of $, they now have to live with that.

ohall said:
It never made sense to me that they could afford to pay the Edge at that level. They gave Manning a boat load of $, they now have to live with that.

Oh the horror of having Peyton Manning...I don't know how they can sleep at night. IMHO, in this league, runningbacks are becoming a dime a dozen. A "great", not good qb is very very hard to find.

ohall said:

Same here. The math didn't add up. By the way, it's nice we can talk about something we agree on! :lol:

ohall said:

Don't forget they showed Harrison the money and then gave Stokley a big extention today. There's no way they can afford Edge. It doesn't make any sense because they know they still need major defensive help to ever be considered a legitimate Super Bowl threat.

They also signed Stokley to a 5-year extension.

Franchising him seems like it'd be high. I would think they'd give him a long-term deal with plenty of backloaded base.

Drew Rosenhaus, Edge's Agent, just said he believes the Colts will franchise him and that Miami signing Edge would be a "fantasy".

He's not coming to Miami so it doesn't matter. The fact is that they are working on a deal for him right now and it will come out by the offseason.

Muck said:
They also signed Stokley to a 5-year extension.

Franchising him seems like it'd be high. I would think they'd give him a long-term deal with plenty of backloaded base.
I heard tonight on ESPN sun night football that they were trying to work out an extension.

I think Edge is a pretty reasonable guy and wants to stay with the colts. I mean don't get me wrong id love to see him come back to Miami, and help our sorry running game, but that is a "fantasy". I think they'll wait till the offseason and give him enough to keep him there for a few more years. It's not always about the money, and besides he's playing with the best QB in the league i think that might be incentive enough.(plus some good money..=))

merlin00069 said:
I think Edge is a pretty reasonable guy and wants to stay with the colts. I mean don't get me wrong id love to see him come back to Miami, and help our sorry running game, but that is a "fantasy". I think they'll wait till the offseason and give him enough to keep him there for a few more years. It's not always about the money, and besides he's playing with the best QB in the league i think that might be incentive enough.(plus some good money..=))
I've heard so much to contradict this, I just don't know that its true. If James likes Indy so much, why all the fuss about Miami in the first place? I've never heard it said that James really likes Indy. Obviously he is willing to play for the Colts and for good reason their offense is on fire. I think James is lost to the Colts next year. Question is can we afford him?

Pope Shula XIV said:
Joe Theismann just announced that he spoke with Bill Pollian tonight and he said that contrary to Chris Mortensen's report Edgerrin James will not be franchised.

Sorry if this has been said already. Maybe you did not hear the part that was was said right before that? The part about Pollian, and the Colts were now working on a long term deal with Edge, and that Pollian emphazised that Edge would remain a Colt.

Their not going to come out and say "oh yeah, we're franchising Edge after we paid everyone else" (including Brandon Stokley). They'll try to re-sign him and when they realize it's impossible they'll franchise him!

Let them keep Edge; we've got plenty of other issues to worry about before we can justify spending a boatload of cash on a running back who's got two bad knees and isn't far from 30.

SkapePhin said:
Drew Rosenhaus, Edge's Agent, just said he believes the Colts will franchise him and that Miami signing Edge would be a "fantasy".
I'm not suprised Drew is talking up Edge. It's all about the money.

Back
Top Bottom