Bill Simmons' ESPN Column | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons' ESPN Column

lordryan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Hey All,

If you don't read Simmons' columns on ESPN, GET TO IT....really funny and insightful...anyway, here's a good quote from today....

One other Miami note: About six weeks ago, Dan LeBatard wrote a column wondering why Dave Wannstedt still planned on running an offense that revolved around Ricky Williams, even though Ricky was busy walking the earth like Jules in "Pulp Fiction." As Dan pointed out, great coaches adapt to what they have. Wannstedt wasn't adapting. I remember reading it and thinking, "Wait a second. Maybe he's a lousy coach, but even Wannstedt isn't dumb enough to run the same offense without Ricky."

Well, he's dumb enough. One offensive TD in two weeks. Forty rushing attempts for 90 yards. You would think he'd revamp the offense and center everything around Chambers, Booker and McMichael, consequences be damned.

You would think.

RIGHT ON, BILL.

edit: tried to post URL but board wouldn't let me...need 10 posts or some noise...just go to espn....page two...look for Bill Simmons' columns.

lordryan said:
Hey All,

If you don't read Simmons' columns on ESPN, GET TO IT....really funny and insightful...anyway, here's a good quote from today....

One other Miami note: About six weeks ago, Dan LeBatard wrote a column wondering why Dave Wannstedt still planned on running an offense that revolved around Ricky Williams, even though Ricky was busy walking the earth like Jules in "Pulp Fiction." As Dan pointed out, great coaches adapt to what they have. Wannstedt wasn't adapting. I remember reading it and thinking, "Wait a second. Maybe he's a lousy coach, but even Wannstedt isn't dumb enough to run the same offense without Ricky."

Well, he's dumb enough. One offensive TD in two weeks. Forty rushing attempts for 90 yards. You would think he'd revamp the offense and center everything around Chambers, Booker and McMichael, consequences be damned.

You would think.
Yo ROOK! Cite these sources: LINK LINK LINK! ALWAYS PROVIDE A LINK!

Just raggin' yah man, but I guarantee people will ask for a link.

This article states the reason Ricky or no Ricky why Wanny will be fired cause a real coach could adapt to his talent a Wanny is clueless.He has had a chance to prove himself but failed so far.

finregime said:
This article states the reason Ricky or no Ricky why Wanny will be fired cause a real coach could adapt to his talent a Wanny is clueless.He has had a chance to prove himself but failed so far.
One would hope that Huizenga would see it this way and recognize that Wannstedt must go, regardless of off-the-field turmoil.

David Boston and Ricky Williams have nothing to do with the sorry state of this offensive line (the worst in football?) or the confusion and mixed messages at Quarterback during the off- and preseason.

lordryan said:
Hey All,

You would think.

RIGHT ON, BILL.

edit: tried to post URL but board wouldn't let me...need 10 posts or some noise...just go to espn....page two...look for Bill Simmons' columns.
We have 2 offensive TD's in 2 weeks. Not bragging about it......just correcting an error.

lordryan said:
You may not be able to post a link yet but as a :newbie: but you should first check this link out.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html

You will note that it suggests you look through the threads to see if there are any other similar threads first before posting a repetetive thread.

Having said that even the veterans here dont always do that.:roflmao: .
Welcome to the best fan site in the net.:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom