Bill Simmons on Daunte | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons on Daunte

wpgfishfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is my favourite writer even though he is a Patsies fan. He has his picks out for the week and this is what he said about Daunte

Wow. We haven't even gotten to Sunday of Week 1 and I'm already 0-1.
Convinced that Nick Saban's Miami defense would swallow up Chaz Batch on Thursday night, I brushed off an even more likely scenario: Daunte Culpepper submitting his eighth consecutive stink bomb since the beginning of last season, which ties him for the overall lead with Bobby Kelly from "Tourgasm." As always with a bad Daunte game, the numbers failed to reflect the depth of his suckitude -- grounders to wide-open receivers on third downs, lob passes to opposing cornerbacks in the end zone, receivers running back to the bench and shaking their heads, interceptions in crunch-time served on a platter to free safeties and outside linebackers. When you wager on Daunte, he doesn't just beat you. No, he pulls your soul out of your body and stomps on it a few times. After nearly a decade of making picks for my column, I should have known better.

For the rest of the article

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060908

wpgfishfan said:
He is my favourite writer even though he is a Patsies fan. He has his picks out for the week and this is what he said about Daunte

Convinced that Nick Saban's Miami defense would swallow up Chaz Batch on Thursday night, I brushed off an even more likely scenario: Daunte Culpepper submitting his eighth consecutive stink bomb since the beginning of last season, which ties him for the overall lead with Bobby Kelly from "Tourgasm." As always with a bad Daunte game, the numbers failed to reflect the depth of his suckitude -- grounders to wide-open receivers on third downs, lob passes to opposing cornerbacks in the end zone, receivers running back to the bench and shaking their heads, interceptions in crunch-time served on a platter to free safeties and outside linebackers. When you wager on Daunte, he doesn't just beat you. No, he pulls your soul out of your body and stomps on it a few times. After nearly a decade of making picks for my column, I should have known better.

If he thought that was bad he should review every qb in south florida since marino, his oversarcastic tone may change a bit. He threw some hard passes. something phin fans haven't seen in a LONG LONG TIME. Daunte will need a couple games, but in the long run, Simmons will be lord of the crow eating contest

Any writer that uses the 'word' 'suckitude', should immediately be banned from ever penning another article. Use the English language correctly without making stuff up because it makes a mockery of what you're writing.

That said, he didn't need to write it to see how much nonsense is contained within.

wpgfishfan said:

Man i hate to say it but this guy is right.

hes right about the poor performance but culpepper ripping out your soul? i dunno bill

hes gunna rip ur soul after he gets his roll on in february

Back
Top Bottom