Bill Simmons picks Fins to upset... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons picks Fins to upset...

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/051209

Guy picks us to be the upset of the week, also there is a blurb about wes Welker...

Dolphins (+14) over CHARGERS
I mean ... one of these big underdogs has to cover, right?

(Intriguing e-mail from Jesse in Florida: "As an avid fantasy football enthusiast, I was wondering if you were aware of the Ricky Proehl Theory in which every year, for some inexplicable reason, a white WR pops out of nowhere to go on to have an great fantasy season, but there's only really a 50/50 chance he'll ever do it again: Kevin Curtis (2005), Brandon Stokely (2004), Drew Bennett (2003), Brian Finneran (2002), Joe Jurevicius (2001) and I think it goes back all the way to the days of Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl. Just to be safe, I am drafting Wes Welker early in my draft next year.")

Long read, but the guys has some good points....

He said cover the 14pt spread, not win the game. But we'll show him!!

hdjetta6316 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/051209

Guy picks us to be the upset of the week, also there is a blurb about wes Welker...

Dolphins (+14) over CHARGERS
I mean ... one of these big underdogs has to cover, right?

(Intriguing e-mail from Jesse in Florida: "As an avid fantasy football enthusiast, I was wondering if you were aware of the Ricky Proehl Theory in which every year, for some inexplicable reason, a white WR pops out of nowhere to go on to have an great fantasy season, but there's only really a 50/50 chance he'll ever do it again: Kevin Curtis (2005), Brandon Stokely (2004), Drew Bennett (2003), Brian Finneran (2002), Joe Jurevicius (2001) and I think it goes back all the way to the days of Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl. Just to be safe, I am drafting Wes Welker early in my draft next year.")

Long read, but the guys has some good points....
He's picking Miami to cover the 14 points, not to win

ha the ricky proehl theory should be called the ricky proehl coincidence.. theres 3 main wrs per team ...... 3 x 32 = 96 .. 96 x 5 = 480 wide recievers.. theres bound to be 5 good white WRs

tommybobommy said:
ha the ricky proehl theory should be called the ricky proehl coincidence.. theres 3 main wrs per team ...... 3 x 32 = 96 .. 96 x 5 = 480 wide recievers.. theres bound to be 5 good white WRs

I dont think there are any number ones though are there? Us white guys just dont seem to have the wheels. :cry:

what a bold prediction for his upset of the weak....the Dolphins to cover the incredibly small 14 points they are recieving. If i knew who this guy was i would certainly commend him for his huge showing of Guts.

dolphan117 said:
I dont think there are any number ones though are there? Us white guys just dont seem to have the wheels. :cry:

Down here we say 'white boy cant jump' :lol:

Back
Top Bottom