Bill Stanfill our best pass rusher ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Stanfill our best pass rusher ever?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know many of you will say that JT was the best pass rusher we ever had and some might even say it Porter...but when you think about it game by game,Stanfill was better imo.....for those who don't know him,he was our LDE back in the early 70's...I just read an article on him(sorry but don't know how to link it here but is from the palm beach)and reminded me how good this guy really was....had 67.5 sacks in only 8 years before injuries ended his playing days....and is 1 of only 2 dolphins(Ven Herder) to get 5 sacks in a game which he did 2 times....and keep on mind that when he played teams didn't trow as much as they do now which makes his numbers more amazing...wow,what a D-line that was with Manny Fernandez,Ven Herder and Stanfill.

Ozzy rules!!

I posted somthing about this early in the season. As much as I want to see JP break Taylor's mark, it will break Stanfill's too.

That's Vern Den Herder, and I still have vivid memories of Manny absolutely manhandling the middle while our ends disrupted runners before they could get back to the line of scrimmage! I was 11 in '71, very impressionable, and seeing all the head slaps and brutal play on the lines certainly got my attention. Someone posted a link to a story about the Detroit Lions 0-fer team being able to dominate that '72 team because of size/strength differential............. UNDER WHICH RULES.........you're on.

Back
Top Bottom