Bills Battle Tested Now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Battle Tested Now!

Phinguy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Where are all you Jills trash talkers now!!? This is directed at you (not CW)!

EAT THAT CROW!!:billsbite

Our D. shut the door on your "dominating" o and Ricky ran all over your supposed dominating D.

Bills are battle tested now and they failed!:sr23:

GO PHINS!!

I was waiting all night for Reed, Shaw, and Campbell to kill the Fins defense. Oh, and does Moulds still play for the Bills?

Guess we just gotta keep on waiting. Our D hasn't been this good for quite a few games. I know it's just one game but this win has to last for two weeks right on through the bye.

Thank God they won like they did (Smash Mouth) cause that will make the next two weeks bearable!

I gotta believe we were saving our good stuff for buffalo. we were man up all night and we were playing right at the line alot. i think marion and Knight showed up tonight and also we have our defense back all the way.

ummmmmmmmmmm. i dont think junior seau has lost a step. whaday think?

I gotta agree finfan54! He was all about wreaking havoc in the back field tonight. He's just gonna get better as he gels even more with the scheme.

Well I must say, we were battle tested today, and I say we passed and failed. We failed how?? In almost every way, except our D. You guys manhandled us, and had a great game plan. The zone defense you guys ran was implemented nicely with the blitz. Our recievers couldnt find the holes in the zone, also when they were open, bledsoe couldnt find the open recievers in the holes, because you blitz didnt leave him enough time. How did we pass??? Our defense surely passed, the way they kept us in the game. The game was over when Fiedler ran for that 1st down at 3rd and 8, with the no back set, talk about heartbreaking. I had a feeling if we stopped you guys there, we had a very good chance, but Fiedler shut it down. But overall, was a great game, I think this is about as well as you guys can play, would have beaten anyone on this day, your crowd was great, caused a few penalties. See ya'll in December, should be another great show down.

How can you say it was "about as well as we could play"???

We missed 2 field goals and had an interception returned for a TD.

????

We can and will play way better.

Yeah there is definitely room for improvement on both sides of the ball for the Phins. Great defenses don't look at the overall stats and stay satisfied, they work at the things they screwed up. Every play should be perfect.

Anyway the Bills defense did good with the turnovers (forced 3 of them, ouch) and they certainly made us fight for our points however...they allowed the Dolphins offense to stay on the field for 41 minutes. You are NOT going to give your offense a chance to stay in the game by allowing the opposing runner to run the ball 42 times for 150 yards. Basically the Phins went into this game knowing that the Bills were weaker against the run than they should be, and they exploited that to win the game.

I wouldn't call that a "passing" mark...even if it is only 17 points allowed with a defensive TD to boot. If it was all like that, then we could say our D did a pretty good job on Minnesota last year. They didnt. Miami had 23 first downs and converted 6 of 14 on third down.

Olindo Mare missed two FGs tonight so the score easily could have been 23-7.

And the most telling part of the game defensively for the Bills is...in the 4th quarter, with 5 minutes left in the game, their D knew we were gonna run the ball with Ricky to run out the clock. We got the ball on our own 49 (after a stupid face mask penalty) and if the Bills D holds Miami to even just 1 or 2 first downs, they give the ball back to Drew Bledsoe with a full 2 minutes to get his team downfield to make a game-tying field goal.

Instead Ricky rushed the ball 8 times for 46 yards and a touchdown. Bills knew we were gonna run it, and we jammed it right down their throats and scored a game sealing touchdown. We only passed the ball once on the play and it fell incomplete but Buffalo got called for a 5 yard defensive holding. Buffalo allowed us to get 4 first downs on that drive.

Back
Top Bottom