Bills counting on Spiller to deliver in naming rookie RB opening-day starter against | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills counting on Spiller to deliver in naming rookie RB opening-day starter against

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Ever since he was drafted ninth overall, running back C.J. Spiller has been unafraid to discuss how much he wants to play a role in turning around a Buffalo Bills franchise that's been an afterthought for much of the past decade.

He's getting a chance to start proving it.

Coach Chan Gailey on Wednesday named Spiller his starter this weekend, when the Bills open the season by hosting Miami. Gailey based his decision on the dynamic spark Spiller showed through much of the preseason by leading the team in scoring with three touchdowns rushing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sns-ap-fbn-bills-spiller,0,3188781.story?track=rss

Bills injury Update

Bills coach Chan Gailey gave a run-down on the team's injured players today before practice. His report: Yes on Fred Jackson; maybe on Jairus Byrd and Reggie Torbor. Jackson is coming back from a broken bone in his left hand.

Torbor was not practicing as the team worked out in windy conditions in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Said Gailey: "I think Fred Jackson will be fine for the game. He’ll still be hampered a little bit with that hand. But I think they’ve worked it out and they should be able to pad it well enough that it should not be an issue."

Byrd has been out several weeks after having minor surgery in the groin area. He practiced Monday. He was practicing today. Having played so little in preseason he should be considered questionable.

Said Gailey: "Byrd will continue to practice today. He’s feeling better every day. Whether he’s ready for the game or not, we’ll just have to determine that as we get closer to the ballgame."

Torbor has been out since suffering an undisclosed injury on Aug. 21. He practiced on a limited basis Saturday and Monday. He was riding a stationary bicycle on the side today.
"We’ll have to see what Reggie can do on the field today," Gailey said. "I don’t know. He’ll be limited. It won’t be full go if he is on the field, getting team reps."

Gailey on nicked up cornerbacks Terrence McGee and Leodis McKelvin: "They both should be back on the field today. Maybe not doing everything but doing something. Looking at the future, I think they’ll be doing most full practice Thursday, Friday and be ready to go."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/gaileys-injury-update.html

Last edited by a moderator:
cant deny the kid is a playmaker but i hope he doesnt do **** against us

I still think the Fins would have grabbed him if he was availble at our pick, i think he is that Offensive guy people were saying we decided to move down once he wasnt available anymore.

Back
Top Bottom