Bills Fan take on Henne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Fan take on Henne

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know that Henne catches a ton of hate from Fin fans after being at the game yesturday and talking with the fans around me.

Being a Bills fan I have experienced something Similar with Edwards. Trent IMO could have become a good QB in these league, but now will not because his confidence is shot and is scared to pull the trigger.

Coaches can kill QBs with the ultra conservative approach much like Edwards was destroyed in Buffalo. The only way that QB will run the chance of ever becoming good is to move on to another team.

Once you lose the Coaching Staff's Confidence you start really doubting yourself, once that happens your team-mates lose trust in you as well.

The Checkdowns then become a crutch because that is what the coaches want (No Turnover, dont make the mistake).

Right now based off what I see in Henne is he is DONE in Miami, he will NEVER develop into a Solid QB (Which I think he can be one too). He needs to move on and the Fins need to move on too.

Look at it this way 1st and goal from the 8 (now I know you scored). But you take out your QB and go Wildcat. (Not only do you take out your QB but that takes a LEGIT redzone threat in Brandon Marshall off the field as well)... IMO this coaching staff lost faith in Henne and because of that still is clinging to the Wildcat (Which has been Horrid this year)....

I agree with the Henne Supporters that he still can be a very good QB. (All the tools are there).. The Confidence is not, and he is not going to get it with this coaching staff (or maybe even the next).

I agree to a certain point. But I also think Henne's lack of accuracy is a huge difference between him and lets say a Tom Brady. See the comparison there? There are none, because Brady is very accurate. Of course the coaches let him throw at will but the bottom line is, you can only coach a QB so much, there has to be that IT factor and I dont think Henne has IT.

BFIP - we are screwed with this OC - we are so screwed with how the QBs were flipped around this year - you should pray we retain DH and Henne is left further confused. When DH does finally leave the players will speak their mind but obviously not before then...

They ran the wildcat with Pennington too. I don't think it's so much a lack of confidence in the QB so much as it is insanity by Henning. He thinks the wildcat can't be stopped. Why else run it? I hear it's to get the '2 pro-bowl athletes in Brown and Williams on the field at the same time'.

Well you don't let them run as primary running backs (17 carries combined) so why have them on the field at the same time? All you do is have one of them faking like he has the ball anyway

I agree to a certain point. But I also think Henne's lack of accuracy is a huge difference between him and lets say a Tom Brady. See the comparison there? There are none, because Brady is very accurate. Of course the coaches let him throw at will but the bottom line is, you can only coach a QB so much, there has to be that IT factor and I dont think Henne has IT.

I agree with the Accuracy and It factor (Look Edwards and Henne play ALOT Alike)....

Get a QB that wants to take some chances and a Coaching staff that lets them and you have a Solid QB (Look is Fitzpatrick the QB of the Bills really long term? Maybe not. But is he good enough to win in this league? Yes I think he is.) Why because the Confidence to get the Ball to your playmakers, and if he makes a Mistake he fights back.

I think Henne could also do that (Saw him do it at the NFL Level and Michigan). The coaching staff will not take the handcuffs off him, and because of that and their marriage to the Wildcat (which by the way has gone back out of style), it destroyed any confidence that Henne may have had.

I think he will still be a good QB in this league but for the sake of him and really for the sake of the Fins it is time for that seperation.

Is there a reason you have not been able to develop a QB at all? Look at the Ultra Conservative Coaches you have had recently and there is your Number 1 reason.

They ran the wildcat with Pennington too. I don't think it's so much a lack of confidence in the QB so much as it is insanity by Henning. He thinks the wildcat can't be stopped. Why else run it? I hear it's to get the '2 pro-bowl athletes in Brown and Williams on the field at the same time'.

Well you don't let them run as primary running backs (17 carries combined) so why have them on the field at the same time? All you do is have one of them faking like he has the ball anyway

Yes but there is a Difference with Pennington (an established VET).. When you take a young QB off the field on first and goal when he is struggling what does that say to your young QB... Look at the Jets, Sanchez has been struggling what did they do against the Steelers had him run a Naked boot and get that confidence back.

Not only that but you take your BEST playmaker off the field in the Wildcat (the guy you traded for and paid big money too) Brandon Marshall.

IMO the whole wildcat craze is over in the NFL.

Pennington was extremely accurate, Henne is not. That is the difference at the NFL level..........forget college, it is not the same game.

2008 versus the last 2 years proves the point about the importance of the QB position in the NFL, we have a better defense by far now than in 2008, yet in 08 we had a very good quarterback.

Actually we started the wildcat because we could not throw the ball with penny, after getting destroyed by Arizona.

Comparing Henne and Edwards is like comparing apples and oranges. They are 2 different quarterbacks..Henne does take chances, Edwards never really did.

Henne and Phins have won a heck of a lot more games than Edwards did as well..

I know that Henne catches a ton of hate from Fin fans after being at the game yesturday and talking with the fans around me.

Being a Bills fan I have experienced something Similar with Edwards. Trent IMO could have become a good QB in these league, but now will not because his confidence is shot and is scared to pull the trigger.

Coaches can kill QBs with the ultra conservative approach much like Edwards was destroyed in Buffalo. The only way that QB will run the chance of ever becoming good is to move on to another team.

Once you lose the Coaching Staff's Confidence you start really doubting yourself, once that happens your team-mates lose trust in you as well.

The Checkdowns then become a crutch because that is what the coaches want (No Turnover, dont make the mistake).

Right now based off what I see in Henne is he is DONE in Miami, he will NEVER develop into a Solid QB (Which I think he can be one too). He needs to move on and the Fins need to move on too.

Look at it this way 1st and goal from the 8 (now I know you scored). But you take out your QB and go Wildcat. (Not only do you take out your QB but that takes a LEGIT redzone threat in Brandon Marshall off the field as well)... IMO this coaching staff lost faith in Henne and because of that still is clinging to the Wildcat (Which has been Horrid this year)....

I agree with the Henne Supporters that he still can be a very good QB. (All the tools are there).. The Confidence is not, and he is not going to get it with this coaching staff (or maybe even the next).

That was just a bad playcall. Yes, we scored, but nevertheless it was a very bad playcall. Just because a bad playcall works, doesnt mean it was a good decision to call that play, on the flipside, just because a good playcall fails, doesnt necessarily make it a bad playcall either. If need be, Wildcrap should only be ran on first down and close to the redzone.

Comparing Henne and Edwards is like comparing apples and oranges. They are 2 different quarterbacks..Henne does take chances, Edwards never really did.

Henne and Phins have won a heck of a lot more games than Edwards did as well..

Actually, I think that comparing Henne and Edwards is like comparing bananas to bananas because most of their problems are the same:
  1. Neither reads defenses well which results in neither one making recognizing pre-snap keys or finding open receivers quickly enough. That means that both throw a split-second too late and miss opportunities -- or worse, get intercepted. QBs are frequently "inaccurate" because they aren't "in synch" with their receivers because they are holding onto the ball too long. It also makes them more vulnerable to sacks because they hold on to the ball too long.
  2. Neither makes good decisions. This is related to #1.
  3. Both lock onto their receivers too much, telegraphing where the passes are going, and allowing DBs to break them up.
  4. Neither seems to have good pocket presence.
  5. Team confidence in a QB comes from the QB having a surfeit of confidence in his ability. I don't think either Edwards or Henne have that, and if the QB doubts himself, then his teammates will doubt himi as well.
I think the Fins need to get a new QB. Maybe a new coach can get a little more out of Henne but I don't think Henne is starting QB material. Like Edwards, he just lacks the qualities that make a top QB.

Back
Top Bottom