Bills Fans vs Miami this week ( are we this bad ) ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Fans vs Miami this week ( are we this bad ) ?

I've have watched Fins games in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NY, New England, Philly, KC and Buffalo. I have never been so terribly treated by any fan base but the Bills. On 11/15/12 my wife, 18 year old son and I went to the Thursday night game of two 4 and 6 teams in the AFC east in Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo NY. We were wearing Fins Jerseys , respectful, chill but we had multiple elbows thrown at us - like making contact just when walking through the stadium. It was like nothing I ever saw anywhere. I found some reasonable older Bills fans and asking them for an explanation at that time for why the terrible hatred toward respectful quiet Fins fans - even a family unit. They had two answers - the Dolphins extreme ownage of the Bills in the 1970s:

The Bills went an entire decade without beating their divisional foe. The Dolphins were one of the most dominant teams of the decade, appearing in three straight Super Bowls from 1971-73, winning two of three and going undefeated in 1972. They also claimed five AFC East crowns and beat the Bills 20 consecutive times, which is the NFL record for most consecutive wins — home or away — against one opponent. Miami's streak began with a 33-14 win at Buffalo's War Memorial Stadium and didn't end until the Bills were finally able to beat the Dolphins with a 17-7 victory to open the 1980 season. The Bills were shut out three times during Miami's streak, which had an average margin of victory of 13 points. When the Bills finally defeated the Dolphins at home - fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts in a regular season game. Truth.

That was one explanation. The other was that young Bills fans at a Thursday night game are ridiculously drunk and complete a$$h0les (their words not mine).

Let's turn the page and take the next step on Sunday!
Man sorry you and your teenage son had to put up with that BS. The Bills' mafia or whatever those losers call themselves are such a bunch of white trash obese group of fans. A bunch of grown men getting completely blacked out drunk and falling onto folding tables . They are a national joke and I hope they never win a Super Bowl (they had 4 straight chances to win one in the 90s which still irks me when I think about it haha)

Tua is just starting to really hit his stride. It's only game 2, year 2 so it's very early in Tua's career. Coming out in the first quarter we had a great drive for a TD. Coming out in the second half we had the same result. We know we can do it now lets try and do it the whole game rather than in spots. Tua is gaining with every start. The kid will get better and better as he gets experiance in the NFL. Don't forget, in college he played on an all star team. His team always had the better players. He has to figure out how to excel at this level. He's on his way and those that called him noodle arm will seem stupid. But, that's fine, let teams underrate us 'till we start beating people. The narrative on a player can change very quickly. If we beat Buffalo 37-16 and Tua throws 3 TD and 375 yards he'll go to hero status in record breaking time.

I don't hate the bills as much as I hate their fans. I had the dishonour of sitting on the away side at a Fins bills game a few years ago. Huge mistake. Only time I was ever close to getting into a fight with another fan at a game. To be fair, she deserved it.
I've been there, it was really sad how obnoxious they were there, even smaller kids wearing Dolphins gear were being yelled at, really sad. I've been to a number of different stadiums and this was the absolute worst fan base.

Uh, what? lol. For all of their issues, the Bills have one of the most rabid fan bases in the NFL. Top 3 for sure. They have won best fan base two years in a row in the NBC poll too.
Bills fans are exactly the type to go vote for themselves on those things. It was great when they showed the *self appointed* best fans streaming out of the stadium when they were down in the 4th quarter last week.

While that's mostly true. I've gone to a Bills game at the stadium in the past and did meet a girl that's a big time bills fan and she was definitely not fat and was cute as f*ck. But idk if that counts since she was a college student (graduate) at Canisius College. That might be the exception for women bills fans tho :shrug: lol

Don't make me ask for proof. There are a few agents that affect normal brain functionality. Was she cute after the 10th pint, or before the 1st pint? We need numbers.

Tua is just starting to really hit his stride. It's only game 2, year 2 so it's very early in Tua's career. Coming out in the first quarter we had a great drive for a TD. Coming out in the second half we had the same result. We know we can do it now lets try and do it the whole game rather than in spots. Tua is gaining with every start. The kid will get better and better as he gets experiance in the NFL. Don't forget, in college he played on an all star team. His team always had the better players. He has to figure out how to excel at this level. He's on his way and those that called him noodle arm will seem stupid. But, that's fine, let teams underrate us 'till we start beating people. The narrative on a player can change very quickly. If we beat Buffalo 37-16 and Tua throws 3 TD and 375 yards he'll go to hero status in record breaking time.

The less time the ball spends on the air the better. The long deep ball has a longer hang time than I would like.

Don't make me ask for proof. There are a few agents that affect normal brain functionality. Was she cute after the 10th pint, or before the 1st pint? We need numbers.
I went to the bills game as a bachelor party thing as one of the guy's is a big bills fan. Rode on a limo bus. But no, I only had a few drinks at that time lol. And actually met her at the beer line. Actually the funny thing is it happened just for the fact of me going to another line, because the one I was at, seriously ran out of beer after waiting in the long line. So I shifted over to the vendor next a little over which she got in line right behind me and she said something, I responded,,conversation ensued during whole wait at the beer line and numbers exchanged by end of line :shrug::cheers:

I still remember the game where Buffalo fans threw snowballs with batteries inside them at Brian Cox. Their opinion means less than nothing to me.

I only read the first page but I don't see anything surprising. They were one of the best teams in the NFL last year and their fans expect to get better from that point (although that is not as much a sure thing as they think). We on the other hand we missed the playoffs and laid an egg in the last game of the season with the playoffs on the line. We didn't lose that game 17-16 we got our ass handed to us in a game that seemed over from the coin flip. They have smoked us 4 straight and were clearly our daddy in all of them. There are very few "sure things" in the NFL but how could they feel less confident? I just hope the players feel that way too. Maybe they really can over look us.

At this point we need all the help we can get. We have came a long way since last year in offensive weapons but we have huge question marks at OL, LB, and now at DL with Davis going down. Like it or not they are still the better team, but the best teams do not always win. I feel we have an advantage with intangibles and Flo has had all offseason to put together a game plan for Buff. Let's see what we got, but in my opinion the only way we win is by outscoring them. We win 42-41 or we lose. Our defense won't hold them under 28. This is the biggest game of the year. We lose down here in the heat and we can figure we will lose up there as well. Win this game and we have to hold serve the rest of the year to win the division. Lose Sunday and we are chasing a wildcard.

Yes their fans are arrogant and annoying, but they have the team to back it up. I hate to say it but in many ways they are now what we hope to become.

Back
Top Bottom