Bills Game 1: Hot Takes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Game 1: Hot Takes

Tv announcers said gase would have strongly considered Josh Allen if he would have been available when dolphins picked. Thought that was interesting.

I wouldn't mind having him at all I see a lot of upside if his surroundings are good. Benjamin is a horrible #1 & McCoy isnt what he once was

A good team would have destroyed the Bills today. I am tired of the Dolphins crapping the bed every season. Also tired of no team in the AFC East stepping up and challenging those clowns in New England.

Nobody in the afc EAST challenging them? Try nobody in the AFC, and many years nobody in the entire league....its not like they get to the playoffs and then do nothing a la KC or Bengals,

Pats average season ends in AFC title game and a good year ends in the super bowl.

Jets Bills and Fins are just unlucky enough to play them 2x a year

Obvious hot take: Kiko Alonso can't spy a quarterback. Hotter take: when it became that obvious, there should have been adjustments.
There should of been adjustments before the game, adjustments that cater to the skillset of the qb your your facing that week...this was a complete whiff on Burke for not understanding how that skillset is going to try and beat you..

He does just enough to have the team in position to win. Is it enough for a franchise guy? No. Not when Miami hasn’t won in 30 years.

Yeah, I don't think RT fits the label as franchise. I don't think he is untouchable at QB. I just think he's one of the better players we have on a pretty shoddy offense right now. I don't see the clearcut improvement out there in anyone that's available. If the team wants to give him the Alex Smith/Joe Flacco treatment and draft a successor, awesome, if there is a guy worth drafting that high (which RT never really seemed to merit at the time. I was a Matt Moore supporter). As it is, I'd rather try and improve the team around him that has been so woefully stripped of talent and has areas like the offensive line laughably assembled. No Joe Flaccos. No Blake Bortles. No Andy Daltons. No Derek Carr. No Teddy Bridgewater (I love Teddy Bridgewater, which is why I don't want his knee subjected to the Dolphins line). Jameis Winston yes if he's foolishly available.

Its flat out weird that some people use a combination of the phrase "Its never Tannehill's fault" sarcastically when talking about a game Fins won scoring 21 points in which he threw 3 TDs.
Its also very weird that alot of posters dismiss a win, when they had Fins winning tops 5 games for the season... Such a leap in logic... Fins will not win more than 5 games this season, BUT they will crush teams on their way to the SB...

he missed the deep ball touchdown when Xavien Howard was beaten by 4 steps, and he threw a pass that was so wobbly that Charles Clay apparently misjudged it. Based on the effort that Allen put into that ball I'm sure Clay expected it to travel farther. That's why he was waiting in the middle of the end zone and realized too late that the pass would wobble short.

I don't disagree often with you but that one was one hell of a throw. He was on the run to the left, turned his body to throw with his right and threw a beautiful pass which was across the field. Clay cannot stand there and wait until the last second to move forward plus the ball hit him and he should have caught it.

if Allen was on dolphins team we would have winning record... he would also help our offense line out too. our offense talent is better than jets and bills. that why we beats these team. their defense bills and jets are better than ours. Allen will have interesting career??? I don't know about jets qb. these team need add better wr on their roster to compete...our number 2 wr are better that bills and jets wr. all 3 of these team are long way from competing against N.E.

Last edited:
LOL at the Tannehill hate crew jumping at the first guy who says the slightest positive thing about our QB.

thats because Tanny has been the one constant for the last 8 fing years. and people still kiss up to him. i cant wrap my mind around it.
One constant? Cameron Wake. John Denney. Darren Rizzi. The Asian guy on the sideline.

if Allen was on dolphins team we would have winning record... he would also help our offense line out too. our offense talent is better than jets and bills. that why we beats these team. their defense bills and jets are better than ours. Allen will have interesting career??? I don't know about jets qb. these team need add better wr on their roster to compete...our number 2 wr are better that bills and jets wr. all 3 of these team are long way from competing against N.E.
If Allen was on the Dolphins he would have been run out of town last Sunday. Dolphins fans would ignore all the positives and would blame him and only him for the loss because he missed wide open Jones and Clay in the end zone, he threw two interceptions and he couldn’t will his team to victory. But since he’s with Buffalo, he’s a great great QB. Not to mention he played against one of the worst defenses in the league on Sunday.

LOL at the Tannehill hate crew jumping at the first guy who says the slightest positive thing about our QB.

One constant? Cameron Wake. John Denney. Darren Rizzi. The Asian guy on the sideline.

If Allen was on the Dolphins he would have been run out of town last Sunday. Dolphins fans would ignore all the positives and would blame him and only him for the loss because he missed wide open Jones and Clay in the end zone, he threw two interceptions and he couldn’t will his team to victory. But since he’s with Buffalo, he’s a great great QB. Not to mention he played against one of the worst defenses in the league on Sunday.
all I am saying I think Allens17 is going be big problems in AFC east. if bills add some more weapon at wr in future

Nobody in the afc EAST challenging them? Try nobody in the AFC, and many years nobody in the entire league....its not like they get to the playoffs and then do nothing a la KC or Bengals,

Pats average season ends in AFC title game and a good year ends in the super bowl.

Jets Bills and Fins are just unlucky enough to play them 2x a year

So because no other team has stepped up as often to challenge them excuses the Dolphins and their horrific front office/coaching staffs over the past two decades from not doing so? That is a lame excuse. Maybe if the Dolphins, Jets and Bills actually hired competent people the Patriots path wouldn't be as easy as it has been for so long. I am tired of excuses and people acting like we are dealing with some type of unfathomable science here.

I don't disagree often with you but that one was one hell of a throw. He was on the run to the left, turned his body to throw with his right and threw a beautiful pass which was across the field. Clay cannot stand there and wait until the last second to move forward plus the ball hit him and he should have caught it.
"Beautiful" is a bit of a stretch - it was wobbling pretty bad. But yeah, scramble away from 3 defenders, rotate and throw 50+ yards cross-field basically right on target - it was a darn good throw.

Back
Top Bottom