Bills Get old Phins Coach.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Get old Phins Coach..

Tunaphish429

1st Ballot Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bills tab Edwards as defensive coordinator
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 4, 2010 1:42 PM ET
George Edwards was not long for the Florida Gators.

Mike Florio reports from somewhere in the media center other than his computer that Edwards will be the next defensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills.

The 43-year-old recently left his position as inside linebackers coach with the Dolphins to become the defensive coordinator under Urban Meyer. Now he's leaving Florida after less than one month on the job.
What a really weird move..
Guy leaves Miami to go to Gators then goes to Buffalo...

I am really glad that we got rid of Paul Pasqaloni..cause I am sure this guy knew the ins and outs of our D..

There transition to 3-4 D will not be easy...if thats they way they go..

They have a very small front 7..

Aaron Maybin could be a perfect OLB ...But he had 0 sacks in 09

Thoughts?

It is a surprising move. If he never took the Gators job, there is no way he would be the Bills defensive coordinator today. They would not have allowed him to interview if he was still a Dolphin. I thought he was a good inside linebackers coach for us, but I don't know how he will do as a DC. He may do well. I can't knock the move, because I do wish he was still here, though as a linebackers coach. On the other hand, I do think Sheridan was a great replacement.

Well he has been a DC in the league before. We will see how he turns out. All in all the bills are doing what they can to make some good hires.

Assistant gm / lead college scout from the chargers during the 2000s is our new GM.

Pro personnel guy from the steelers the last 10 years in now our assistant GM.

We didn't get Cowher but so far I'm impressed with the staff Gailey is putting together.

I mean at least they are trying to be as good as they can be. Here comes a 3-4 D. During this transition it sure helps that we have a really good secondary.

Back
Top Bottom