Bills installing no-huddle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills installing no-huddle

Tailgater

Starter
Reaction score
Looks like the Bills are spending a lot of time working on the no huddle offense.

From some of the reports I've seen, it's possible the Bills could go no-huddle almost 50 percent of the time.

With the talent at wr & rb, this could help Edwards survive behind a suspect OL.

Can't wait for the Pats home opener - could be quite the air show.

This version of the no-huddle will be nothing compared to the K-Gun offense that the Bills had in the late 80's.

Smart move if Edwards is capable of running it.

Edwards won't be capable of it. Edwards wasn't even capable of staying healthy last year, you really think he will this year? Offensive line isn't good enough anyways.

Difference is when the Bills ran it previously they had Kelly, T. Thomas and a good O-line....Lynch is pretty good, but they don't have the rest of the pieces.

It wont be as fast as the K-Gun, I don't think. But they are running a no-huddle close to 100% of the time in practice, and right now it looks like it will be a mix between the Colts and the what the K-Gun was.

Its a little faster than the Colts offense, but not as fast as the 90's Bills. Manning likes to take his time, while Kelly would get the play off with 20 seconds left on the play clock. The Bills OC Turk Schonert was the backup QB in Cincy and thats really where the No Huddle started, and that was based on trying to catch other teams in substitutions.

Edwards can run it, his best weapon is his brain, but I dont think we have the OL to keep up with it, and Edwards will eventually suffer from it, IMO.

Doesnt worry me much, but as long as their QB can handle, will propably be the best thing for them to do. Will hide their deficiencies at OL.
Chubbs

Someonehow I don't see Edwards being able to do much of anything as well or better than Peyton....except probably run.....and he'll be doing a lot of that.

Don't forget Kelly didn't have a shabby running back at the time!

Im not worried about RB at all. Im not even worried about Edwards.

Im worried about our OL. The best news of the offseason was seeing Langston Walker 25lbs lighter.

But 5 new lineman? 2 rookies, a center getting his 1st fulltime starting job, a LT who is built for RT.

The only guy I am ok with is RT Brad Butler. Other than that its all a question mark.

Looks like the Bills are spending a lot of time working on the no huddle offense.

From some of the reports I've seen, it's possible the Bills could go no-huddle almost 50 percent of the time.

With the talent at wr & rb, this could help Edwards survive behind a suspect OL.

Can't wait for the Pats home opener - could be quite the air show.

I'm just assuming a loss anyways but I want to see how we stack up. I think we have one of the deepest secondaries in football, so it will be interesting to see.

As for our offense, we have a top 5 receiving and running back core. But this game will come down to both our lines. We need to block and get pressure, which we struggled doing big time last year. I have full confidence in Edwards having a big year if the protection holds up.

Either way, I'm excited about the season and look forward to the Bills surprising a lot of teams.

I'm just assuming a loss anyways but I want to see how we stack up. I think we have one of the deepest secondaries in football, so it will be interesting to see.

As for our offense, we have a top 5 receiving and running back core. But this game will come down to both our lines. We need to block and get pressure, which we struggled doing big time last year. I have full confidence in Edwards having a big year if the protection holds up.

Either way, I'm excited about the season and look forward to the Bills surprising a lot of teams.

I think Buffalo's defense is going to be pretty good,as will all the AFC East defenses,but the offensive line is going to hold Buffalo back on offense.

I think Buffalo's defense is going to be pretty good,as will all the AFC East defenses,but the offensive line is going to hold Buffalo back on offense.

Well said. I agree with everything you said. Patriots defense will probably be the worst defense in the AFC East though.

Back
Top Bottom