Bills intentional grounding | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills intentional grounding

archer101

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
I think in the 3rd quarter Allen was in the endzone and threw the pass into the ground to avoid a sack. The pass did not cross the line of scrimmage. McD tried to challenge but it looked like the officials told him it was not reviewable.

Anyone know the rule here? If the QB is outside the tackle box the ball has to pass the LOS. Here I am not sure he was even outside the tackle box. Was there actually a receiver in the area or should this have been a safety?

I was wondering the same thing. It looked like it should have been a safety. Maybe the Vegas people told them to chill….money on the line.

Coaches aren’t allow to challenge judgement calls by the officials. On that play it appeared the official made a judgement that there was a receiver in the area the pass was thrown and once he made that call, McDaniel could not challenge the call.

I believe the explanation at the time was that there was a receiver (RB) in the area.

I think in the 3rd quarter Allen was in the endzone and threw the pass into the ground to avoid a sack. The pass did not cross the line of scrimmage. McD tried to challenge but it looked like the officials told him it was not reviewable.

Anyone know the rule here? If the QB is outside the tackle box the ball has to pass the LOS. Here I am not sure he was even outside the tackle box. Was there actually a receiver in the area or should this have been a safety?
i was thinking of this thread posted by our own @Andyman

Looked like intentional grounding to me.

I also thought the illegal lineman down field was an especially bad call

Back
Top Bottom