Bills - Josh Allen - A concern | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills - Josh Allen - A concern

DirkForever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure this cat isn't the real deal. He has impressed me over the last year and a half. With Brady out of the way the Fins have a chance to take the throne for a loooong time, but for some reason Allen scares me. Am I wrong about this? I mean Tua is just starting and the verdict is out. Honestly, I want to see a real rivalry again. Not being steamrolled by the GOAT. Thoughts?

I do not agree., respectfully. I have seen the transformation to the D that the fins had long ago.. In my humble opinion the D is leading the fins to success..
I think there's already a thread about this.
Understood. Learning the etiquette here. My bad. I'll spend the next several months reading.

I do not agree., respectfully. I have seen the transformation to the D that the fins had long ago.. In my humble opinion the D is leading the fins to success..

Understood. Learning the etiquette here. My bad. I'll spend the next several months reading.
Let me explain my friend. When we have multiple threads about the same subject we usually just merge the newer one with the older one. Happens all the time here.

At one time we may have say several Tuas thread about the same article from a news paper or columnist, They go together or we may make a super thread about the subject and add all threads together

Members know and might point out there is already a thread on that meaning no disrespect

if there is a subject you want to discuss simply check to see if it is already posted and then just join the conversation. Your new post will be the one everyone sees anyways

Hope that explains it

No problem I wasn't trying to be rude. Just wanted to direct you to where some good conversation on a good topic was already taking place.

I get it, and no offense taken. Been on both sides of the pond, so to speak. As I get up to speed, just delete my threads. All good brother.
Even as a mod I neglect the search function. OOOFFF.?

Allen can be a very dynamic running QB, but he is also not very accurate, his weak arm is a problem in windy bad weather, and if you pressure him, he will make mistakes. In recent weeks, they have lost two games, looked like they might lose to a bad Jets team, and came very, very close to losing to a declining Patriots team in their home.

I will say that if you allow him to get a lead on you, his running will hurt you, and work to help his passing look stronger. He also seems to become a more dangerous QB if the Bill are losing, and they need a final drive to win...almost like his concentration hits max level in final game winning drives.

Allen can be a very dynamic running QB, but he is also not very accurate, his weak arm is a problem in windy bad weather, and if you pressure him, he will make mistakes. In recent weeks, they have lost two games, looked like they might lose to a bad Jets team, and came very, very close to losing to a declining Patriots team in their home.

I will say that if you allow him to get a lead on you, his running will hurt you, and work to help his passing look stronger. He also seems to become a more dangerous QB if the Bill are losing, and they need a final drive to win...almost like his concentration hits max level in final game winning drives.
He doesn’t have a weak arm he has an erratic arm which looks worse in bad weather

He is also terrible at situational football and is one of the poorer QBs at holding onto the football

He is a dangerous RB but has no quick twitch and gets lit up on occasion - which should spell for a shorter career

He doesn’t have a weak arm he has an erratic arm which looks worse in bad weather

He is also terrible at situational football and is one of the poorer QBs at holding onto the football

He is a dangerous RB but has no quick twitch and gets lit up on occasion - which should spell for a shorter career

Been browsing this forum this past week. You in particular seem to be the most vocal non-believer in Allen. I expect to see that to a degree on a rival fan forum. But your criticism of Allen seem to border the lines of reality and just plain denial. At this point, and to Allen's credit because he had to put in the effort as he was far from a finished product when he came into the league, the question is not is Allen a good QB? We already know he is. The question is will he be a legit top 5 QB throughout his career. Or will he play at a top 3 level for stretches but revert back to a top 10-12 QB?

My biggest reason for optimism for Allen is the following:

Josh Allen career QB rating's with each season split into halves:

2018- Games 1-6: 61.8
2018- Games 7-12: 72.6
2019- Games 1-8: 82.9
2019- Games 9-15: 88.8
2020- Games 1-8: 102.4
2020- Game #9 138.5

Allen was possibly the biggest project QB ever taken in the top 10 of an NFL draft. Viewed as the most, "needs time to sit and learn" QB to ever go in the top 10. The whole, sit thing didn't happen. We have Pick 6 Peterman to thank for that. But Allen has certainly been learning with every game. The numbers don't lie. That's 36 games. And consistent improvement throughout.

I've seen you quote his turnovers through his first 36 games. He has 36 total, 26 Ints and 10 fumbles lost. He also has 71 total TD's over this time period, 49 passing and 22 rushing. That's a 2:1 TD to turnover ratio. Those are the numbers for his entire 36 game career. We know his TD to turnover numbers are on a consistent upward trajectory based on his half season split progressions. Dating back to week one of last season Allen is at 39 total TD's and 12 turnovers. That's a sample size of 17 games and various offensive personnel and opponents.

I also find it somewhat ironic that a Dolphins fans would deny that Allen is a good QB. Allen's total stat lines against the Dolphins through his short career are things of make believe.

As for some of the points you made in your previous post.

1. Not sure we have an appropriate sample size to really say Allen's erratic arm is worst in bad weather. We also have to question if he even has an erratic arm anymore just based on his play from this season alone.

2. I don't have a big argument with you on this one. Although I would say his hero ball mentality is not necessarily a fatal flaw. No doubt it will bite us Bills fans in the butt big time multiple times through his long career. But also no doubt, it will win us many games that should not have been victories.

3. Calling him a dangerous RB is just an insult given the numbers he's put up and the development he has made. No quick twitch? Not that it even matters because at the end of the day everyone should agree that he's one hell of an athlete, but I'm not sure I agree with that. I think what your eyes see, and mine as well is that he does not move like a Kyler Murray or Tua. But that makes sense. Allen has 5 inches on Tua and 7 on Kyler. He's not going to move with the same agility as those guys. But compare him to Cam or better yet Wentz. Allen has more "fast twitch" and is more agile than both those guys IMO.

Anyway, end of my rant. Couldn't help but chime in. What's with the schedule makers not airing any early CBS games this week? Was really looking forward to actually getting to watch Tua play this week but won't be able to since the Bills will be playing at the same time.

Been browsing this forum this past week. You in particular seem to be the most vocal non-believer in Allen. I expect to see that to a degree on a rival fan forum. But your criticism of Allen seem to border the lines of reality and just plain denial. At this point, and to Allen's credit because he had to put in the effort as he was far from a finished product when he came into the league, the question is not is Allen a good QB? We already know he is. The question is will he be a legit top 5 QB throughout his career. Or will he play at a top 3 level for stretched but mostly be a top 12-10 QB?

My biggest reason for optimism for Allen is the following:

Josh Allen career QB rating's with each season split into halves:

2018- Games 1-6: 61.8
2018- Games 7-12: 72.6
2019- Games 1-8: 82.9
2019- Games 9-15: 88.8
2020- Games 1-8: 102.4
2020- Game #9 138.5

Allen was possibly the biggest project QB ever taken in the top 10 of an NFL draft. Viewed as the most, "needs time to sit and learn" QB to ever go in the top 10. The whole, sit thing didn't happen. We have Pick 6 Peterman to thank for that. But Allen has certainly been learning with every game. The numbers don't lie. That's 36 games. And consistent improvement throughout.

I've seen you quote his turnovers through his first 36 games. He has 36 total, 26 Ints and 10 fumbles lost. He also has 71 total TD's over this time period, 49 passing and 22 rushing. That's a 2:1 TD to turnover ratio. Those are the numbers for his entire 36 game career. We know his TD to turnover numbers are on a consistent upward trajectory based on his half season split progressions. Dating back to week one of last season Allen is at 39 total TD's and 12 turnovers. That's a sample size of 17 games and various offensive personnel and opponents.

I also find it somewhat ironic that a Dolphins fans would deny that Allen is a good QB. Allen's total stat lines against the Dolphins through his short career are things of make believe.

As for some of the points you made in your previous post.

1. Not sure we have an appropriate sample size to really say Allen's erratic arm is worst in bad weather. We also have to question if he even has an erratic arm anymore just based on his play from this season alone.

2. I don't have a big argument with you on this one. Although I would say his hero ball mentality is not necessarily a fatal flaw. No doubt it will bite us Bills fans in the butt big time multiple times through his long career. But also no doubt, it will win us many games that should not have been victories.

3. Calling him a dangerous RB is just an insult given the numbers he's put up and the development he has made. No quick twitch? Not that it even matters because at the end of the day everyone should agree that he's one hell of an athlete, but I'm not sure I agree with that. I think what your eyes see, and mine as well is that he does not move like a Kyler Murray or Tua. But that makes sense. Allen has 5 inches on Tua and 7 on Kyler. He's not going to move with the same agility as those guys. But compare him to Cam or better yet Wentz. Allen has more "fast twitch" and is more agile than both those guys IMO.

Anyway, end of my rant. Couldn't help but chime in. What's with the schedule makers not airing any early CBS games this week? Was really looking forward to actually getting to watch Tua play this week but won't be able to since the Bills will be playing at the same time.
You coming back after a big win against the worst defensive squad in the modern SB Era tells me a lot. Why don’t you take back your chapter to your own forum??

I already am in record stating that if I had a one read QB I would want Allen just with better ball security

I hope you have the balls to show up here the next 10 years and not just the year the AFCE is trying to hand the Bills the division

26 and 26 in 37 is nothing to huff about in a rival forum

11 of those games against the Jets and Phins the numbers are troubling I hope he can’t make big strides to keep up with Tua

Oh and deny this #26and26in37

Oh and no I don’t frequent other teams forums - no matter the Margin of victory

Last edited:
Bills fans are welcome to post here as long as they follow our rules

Talk about your team or our team but attack a member personally and you will be blocked

I'm not concerned with 26 and 26 in 37 because of the split stat lines I provided. Has Allen been playing like a 26 and 26 QB in his last 17 starts?

I don't suppose this game (even in a losing effort) changes your opinion of Allen does it Rent?

The loss hurts but at the end of the day Allen is going to lead the Bills to many victories in the years to come. His worst game of the year but still 3 TD's to 2 turnovers and the game winning TD pass*. LOL.

Here's to the new Kelly vs. Marino, in Allen vs. Tua. :cheers: Hopefully with the same head to head results but hey if the roles are reversed and Allen ends up with the accolades of Marino I won't complain.

But if you want to stand your ground on your opinion of Allen maybe at least call him a good Flex player and not just a RB seeing how he catches TD's now too. :UP:

Back
Top Bottom