Bills - Josh Allen - A concern | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills - Josh Allen - A concern

LOL. I'll take that as no then.

Tried my best to get you to see the light my man. You can bring up his turnovers at his HOF ceremony in 2040.

Anyway, probably signing off till the new year when I'll check in before the AFC East Championship game.

He is definitely not what he was as a rookie. Some Dolfans have a hard time seeing players as what they've developed into.

I guess my instinct is to say I have been scared of Allen for a few years. But something seems off. I can't finger it. He is much better than most QB's. Now that Tua is getting some reps... I'm thrilled to see a real rivalry form. One that isn't against the GOAT. Both franchises have something to prove, and they are. Go Fins!

Allen can be a very dynamic running QB, but he is also not very accurate, his weak arm is a problem in windy bad weather, and if you pressure him, he will make mistakes. In recent weeks, they have lost two games, looked like they might lose to a bad Jets team, and came very, very close to losing to a declining Patriots team in their home.

I will say that if you allow him to get a lead on you, his running will hurt you, and work to help his passing look stronger. He also seems to become a more dangerous QB if the Bill are losing, and they need a final drive to win...almost like his concentration hits max level in final game winning drives.

You can pick apart issues with Allen and rightfully so. But any knock on his arm strength is completely baseless. Allen still has some issues (and he has progressed greatly since his rookie season), but arm strength isn't one of them. he has a top-2 arm in the NFL (along with Mahomes--and Allen may have a stronger arm than Mahomes).

You can pick apart issues with Allen and rightfully so. But any knock on his arm strength is completely baseless. Allen still has some issues (and he has progressed greatly since his rookie season), but arm strength isn't one of them. he has a top-2 arm in the NFL (along with Mahomes--and Allen may have a stronger arm than Mahomes).

No, I agree with you that Allen has top arm strength, my point is that for some reason in bad weather he become more inaccurate then many QBs with far less arm strength. Why that happens may be because maybe he thinks about it too much, or he gets more nervous about making a mistake, but I read an article that said his accuracy suffers more then normal when there is bad weather or some type of wind.

That may have changed or will eventually change, but for now he does have accuracy problems.

I guess my instinct is to say I have been scared of Allen for a few years. But something seems off. I can't finger it. He is much better than most QB's. Now that Tua is getting some reps... I'm thrilled to see a real rivalry form. One that isn't against the GOAT. Both franchises have something to prove, and they are. Go Fins!
No, I agree with you that Allen has top arm strength, my point is that for some reason in bad weather he become more inaccurate then many QBs with far less arm strength. Why that happens may be because maybe he thinks about it too much, or he gets more nervous about making a mistake, but I read an article that said his accuracy suffers more then normal when there is bad weather or some type of wind.

That may have changed or will eventually change, but for now he does have accuracy problems.

QBs, like everything else come in shades. I have little concern about facing Foles. Great concern over Mahommes. Allen is in the middle somewhere. Not a QB to ignore, but he's not a guy to fear

I don't suppose this game (even in a losing effort) changes your opinion of Allen does it Rent?

The loss hurts but at the end of the day Allen is going to lead the Bills to many victories in the years to come. His worst game of the year but still 3 TD's to 2 turnovers and the game winning TD pass*. LOL.

Here's to the new Kelly vs. Marino, in Allen vs. Tua. :cheers: Hopefully with the same head to head results but hey if the roles are reversed and Allen ends up with the accolades of Marino I won't complain.

But if you want to stand your ground on your opinion of Allen maybe at least call him a good Flex player and not just a RB seeing how he catches TD's now too. :UP:
He is a great fantasy option and a good player but imho has situational football moments

This is not a graceful player I mean he makes simple handoff into adventures - and I am not taking about the RB fumble in the EZ vs SF - look at the tape he is just clumsy

0AC2A5D1-FF2A-441F-BB31-CB87C5426905.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom